Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default April 9th Starts safety hearings on gun control!

Well today's the day all this crap starts thru Friday I hope this garbage never makes it out of Committee hearings let it die there!

(Chester County)

Default Re: April 9th Starts safety hearings on gun control!

Quote Originally Posted by 31ST MEUSOC View Post
    Well today's the day all this crap starts thru Friday I hope this garbage never makes it out of Committee hearings let it die there!
    It actually goes through next Tuesday. The fact that I haven't seen much mention of it here or on other sites is very concerning.

Folks, take a minute to email or call the members of the House Judiciary Committee this week. We all want our kids and families to be safe, but creating new laws and restrictions that only impact the people who aren't breaking the laws in the first place is not a good start. Improving the security at our schools and other "soft targets" would be an example of a much better idea!

Click on this link and on the left side of the screen are the members of the House Judiciary Committee. It literally takes 2 minutes to write a note or give their office a call. Don't assume someone else is calling on your behalf... remember, there are a ton of people who do nothing but spend all day posting on social media and calling these legislators trying to convince them to TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHTS.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...Body=H&Code=24

(Bucks County)

Even though none are my Reps, I can [still] contact them...correct?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Cumberland County)

Email sent! Took just a few minutes and the feedback from us lets the politicians know what we want from them.

(Bucks County)

Oh well, I sent this to all in the "Majority"

I am contacting you as a concerned PA citizen and referring to Article 1 section 21 of the PA Constitution:

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

In the USA our guarantee protected right is under attack and there’s a lot of misleading information “floating around” and I would like to clarify using facts from the FBI statistics website:

#1—Gun violence is at 1950’s levels of 3.6 per 100,000---it’s actually [even] lower when you remove justifiable or self defense from Police, security guards, citizens, etc (18%). Also, the remaining 15% is drug and gang related. If you minus all of these factors we are at Europe’s level of “gun violence” and we have 130 million plus gun owners in this country.

#2--- You’re 8X more likely to be killed by fists and 5X more likely to be killed by knives than ALL rifles combined, that includes AR-15’s, AK-47’s, etc.

#3---We already have thousands (5 thousand plus) state laws in the USA and 460 pages of ATF laws. Also, “Google---ATF prohibited persons” and you’ll see we already have laws for mentally ill, abusers, drug users, etc. We also have these laws in the state of PA on top of these laws.

Please, we do not need more laws that will never effect criminals and only effect law abiding citizens that account for almost 0% of violent crimes.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Even though none are my Reps, I can [still] contact them...correct?
    Absolutely! Every call counts. If you're calling, you don't have to call attention to the fact that you don't live in their district.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rgaper View Post
    Absolutely! Every call counts. If you're calling, you don't have to call attention to the fact that you don't live in their district.
    I sent each and every one an email. I'm at work and it's hard to make "these type" of calls. Thanks for posting this information....We really need EVERYONE on this site and beyond to get the word out.I also posted in our area's conservative FB group. Please people, swamp these reps with calls, emails, etc.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I sent each and every one an email. I'm at work and it's hard to make "these type" of calls. Thanks for posting this information....We really need EVERYONE on this site and beyond to get the word out.I also posted in our area's conservative FB group. Please people, swamp these reps with calls, emails, etc.
    I appreciate it brother. I stopped by two local gun shops to make sure they were talking to folks about this and they were completely unaware.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rgaper View Post
    I appreciate it brother. I stopped by two local gun shops to make sure they were talking to folks about this and they were completely unaware.
    Gun supporters need to wake...thanks for spreading the word.

(Montgomery County)

So I believe Senator Mensch is co-leading this initiative.

Not that I have a ton of faith in a politician's word, I did receive this response from him in recent weeks regarding gun control:

Thanks for your note. Serious legislators will find serious solutions to these criminal acts, and these solutions will not threaten our constitutional rights.

Sincerely,

Bob Mensch

Senator,24th District

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast