Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: April 9th Starts safety hearings on gun control!

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Link to today's hearings: http://www.pahousegop.com/58.aspx
    Go watch when you have the time.
    I can't get the video to play for some reason. What's the synopsis of today's first hearing?

(Montgomery County)

It downloads a file that I'm unfamiliar with. I opened that file with VLC media player and it moved on to the hearing.

A lot of the people on the list to speak are people I hear about around here often as being anti-freedom. Forum moderator bragged about his high rating with the NRA but then said how he was "moved to hold these hearings" meaning he's willing to deal away our rights.

First speaker is talking about "extreme risk protection orders" aka, let anyone accuse you of being unstable and you lose your rights. Claims you will get a chance to plead your case in court, which likely means spending several thousands of dollars out of your pocket because someone has an ax to grind.

I don't think I'll be staying up much later to report more, but try VLC (www.videolan.org) and go from there. It's a safe program, works on a myriad of media files.

(Montgomery County)

Second speaker opens with a bump stock/rate increasing device ban, go figure. Next a lost and stolen reporting bill. Also universal background checks, "gaping hole" of private sales without background checks.

She also claims that the SRO in Parkland was "outgunned" instead of just being a damn coward.

I keep hearing the word "hunting" in this, which we all know means they don't get it.
    Last edited by bluetrane2028; April 10th, 2018 at 01:48 AM.

(Montgomery County)

I am watching this video now it's PFA,bump stock,background checks,Mag capacity bill,lost stolen reporting guns so far it doesn't look good .

(Montgomery County)

School strengthen bill and armed security in schools just come up now in the video.

(Montgomery County)

Mental health was mentioned they keep saying we don't want to infringe on 2nd A etc etc.

(Bucks County)

Who's speaking? Is this the minority party? Meaning the Philly liberals? Do they hear from the public?

(Montgomery County)

It was the Philly minority as I understood maybe a Republican who floated the strengthen the schools bill with harden doors entry ways metal detectors and armed personnel I noticed the Libs grilled him a lot saying crap like they can still get in they know where the armed officer will be like the could read minds ass hats!

(Bucks County)

Notice how when you have a plan that does not include banning guns, all of the sudden it won't work? I was just speaking with my wife how anti gun rhetoric went from l a "lost cause" for the radicals to real anti gun laws, reactions and calls in public for confiscation. I'm guessing this plan has been waiting in the wings in anticipation of Hillary getting into office and they're moving forward with it regardless. It moved too fast and too easily... We need to wake up and Fight this crap because it is that important.

(Montgomery County)

Like I said before if PA falls to gun control the rest of the States are done it will only be a matter of time I didn't see Republicans do anything at all or challenge anything and it's a Republican who decided to have this safety hearings that's a bad sign we need to wake the f#ck up and stop this now in this state.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast