Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default NY State Police Announce Assault Weapon Registration Recertification Process !

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_dis...ticle_id=61803 should have had a boating accident

(Carbon County)

Default Re: NY State Police Announce Assault Weapon Registration Recertification Process !

Fewer than 45,000 assault-style weapons have been registered in New York state since a landmark gun control act took effect in 2013, state records released Tuesday show, suggesting that Empire State gun owners are largely ignoring one of the signature elements of the watershed legislation.

In the years since Gov. Cuomo signed the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, otherwise known as the NY SAFE Act, a total of 23,847 people have applied to register their assault-style weapons with the state, according to statistics provided by the New York State Police.

Those individuals themselves registered 44,485 assault-style weapons — a term whose definition under the law was expanded to include military-style features like a pistol grip and popular civilian models of the M16 and AK47 assault rifles — with State Police, the data, which was first obtained by the Albany Times Union, show.

By comparison, individuals in Connecticut, a state with roughly one-fifth the population of New York, registered more than 50,000 assault-style weapons after similar legislation was passed there in April 2013.

Law enforcement experts have estimated there could be nearly 1 million assault-style weapons in circulation across the state, suggesting that many New Yorkers are ignoring a central provision of what had been touted by gun control advocates as a milestone law.

“What these numbers expose is that, if there are people who are wilfully ignoring the law, that means tens of thousands of gun owners are not complying with a law that is supported by New Yorkers," said Leah Gunn Barrett, executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, citing a May poll commissioned by her group that showed state residents support key provisions of the SAFE Act.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2267730
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Default Re: NY State Police Announce Assault Weapon Registration Recertification Process !

like 4.4% compliance.

nice try commies
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Montgomery County)

Makes sense. The law was rammed through by politicians elected from districts in the lower state and NYC. They don't have guns there. So the majority of the NY state land area is just ignoring it. Good for them.

(Erie County)

Yet in a neighboring state, there is a gazillion assault weapons.

Go NY.

Putzes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

I would feel A LOT better if more gun control laws were passed.
    This thread triggered me. Where is my puppy.....

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I would feel A LOT better if more gun control laws were passed.
    This thread triggered me. Where is my puppy.....
    You need a therapy dog, to get you through this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    Who would have figured? And now those who registered them in the first place are blessed with the honor of having to re-register them whilst those who didn't don't have to be bothered.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    You need a therapy dog, to get you through this.
    Is there such a thing as a 'therapy rifle'? would that be exempt on medical grounds? I know taking my guns out for a shoot relieves stress.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

I got yer registration RIGHT here...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast