Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: no love/support for rallies & counter marches other than one on 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Let's not forget about the FOAC guy that told my kid that he couldn't give his own letter to the rep's we visited because it wasn't gun related, but was important to him and our family.
    Did you laugh in his face?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: no love/support for rallies & counter marches other than one on 4/30/18

I sure would have.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Did you laugh in his face?
    No, I didn't, but we left the bumbling fool after that and went off on our own. Didn't really leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling about the reps from the FOAC.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Exactly, the rest of the country is is doing a rally on the 14th. (Saturday) which is more convenient for people.

Some people have to work for a fucking living!!!

To pay for the welfare those who march & protest on a regular basis receive!!!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bow2no1 View Post
    Exactly, the rest of the country is is doing a rally on the 14th. (Saturday) which is more convenient for people.

Not me.. I work most weekends.. Its much easier to get a week day off..

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bow2no1 View Post
    You DO realize that "the one on the 30th" is an ANNUAL rally that was probably planned/scheduled before last year's Harrisburg rally was even over.

"The rest of the country" just threw their shit together at the last minute.

The POINT of the rally on the 30th is not "stand outside with signs". The point is for a large number of gun owners to go make their presence (and feelings) known to elected officials IN PERSON. You can't do that "when it's more convenient" on a Saturday.

Go to one, go to both, but try to understand that these are two different rallies, organized by different people and nobody sat down and said, "Hey let's hold rallies on a bunch of different dates!"
    Neither rally has anything to do with the other and the one on the 30th was planned long before anyone else said "We need to hold a rally!"
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    No, I didn't, but we left the bumbling fool after that and went off on our own. Didn't really leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling about the reps from the FOAC.
    Are you sure he was a "rep from the FOAC"? The vast majority of the team leaders at the rally come from Beaver county on the Beaver County Sportsmen's Conservation league buses. That's because 50 - 70 percent of the people at the rally every year are from Beaver county, which is sad, considering we are a small county population-wise. We use the FOAC talking points in our presentation to the politicians because they are the only pro-2A group that is organized enough to compile the info.

That said, we are not politicians or professional advocates, we're just guys (and gals) who start prepping for the event at least six weeks out, take a long bus ride to Harrisburg, and then try to hustle 10-12 liberty-minded fellow citizens to the offices of 10-12 politicians in the allotted time to get them down to lunch before all the pizza is gone. Not trying to excuse the guy's rudeness (it wasn't me), but there is some pressure, and we ain't getting paid. At least not unless the RINOs actually pass one of the bills we are touting.

What would really be great is if enough people would show up from every voting district to go and camp out in their own representatives/senators office and say, "We ain't leaving until we see so&so or his/her chief-of-staff". THAT would get their attention! Usually the reps/senators all run and hide when the rally downstairs ends. Last year they were at a luncheon on a blocked-off part of the mezzanine.

Bottom line is that we just need to get A LOT of people there and get up in the politicians faces, politely.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will...

(York County)

I'm local, and I'll do them both because I'm lucky and have time. The 30th is great, I can chat with my reps and push our agenda, but we can't break out the pitchforks. The 14th, outside? I'll bring the big bad black rifle, wear a 'shove gun control up your a$$' T shirt, and tell any anti-rights lefties where to go. Our side needs both types!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Nope, I didn't realize. I'm new to the forum and moved here to pa almost 4 years ago.

I just think it's important we stand together with the rest of the country as a whole.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast