Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default no love/support for rallies & counter marches other than one on 4/30/18

noticed posts annotating rallies & counter marches on days other than 'the hallowed big one' on 4/30/18 at the capitol rotunda; also noticed no responses to these posts...what gives?

...and I'm out

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: no love/support for rallies & counter marches other than one on 4/30/18

I'm not sure I understand your point?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Washington County)

Default Re: no love/support for rallies & counter marches other than one on 4/30/18

What would be the point of having thirty different rallys, all of which are pooly organized, pooly advertised and will be poorly attended?

It makes much more sense to consolidate forces in one (hopefully) well attended rally.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    What would be the point of having thirty different rallys, all of which are pooly organized, pooly advertised and will be poorly attended?

It makes much more sense to consolidate forces in one (hopefully) well attended rally.
    Agree. Look what Lt. Gov. Stack did with the photos of the one rally from one organization from one county. That helps feed the false 90% favor gun control narrative.

The lefties are professional protesters, many paid, who can turn up at any time. They are well financed by Democrat organizations and unions and can afford busses and other organizational support. Many are college students, college professors and others with soft jobs who can take the time without sacrificing anything.

(Allegheny County)

I suspect most everyone could copy/paste the posts above.

I didn't post in the "counter protest" thread because while I think it's absurd to have 10 guys (if lucky) counter protest a crowd of hundreds, I also hate posting negative crap in threads that are trying to be proactive and supportive of our rights.

Nothing worse than trying to drum up interest and having someone crap all over it with negative waves.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kmrcstintn View Post
    noticed posts annotating rallies & counter marches on days other than 'the hallowed big one' on 4/30/18 at the capitol rotunda; also noticed no responses to these posts...what gives?

...and I'm out
    Sorry. I'm not going to 4 different rallies 4.5 hours away.

I guess my heart just isn't in it.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Clinton County)

I'm more annoyed by how everyone wants their rally to be THE rally and control and restrict anyone who attends to adhere to what they think a rally should be like and look like.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I'm more annoyed by how everyone wants their rally to be THE rally and control and restrict anyone who attends to adhere to what they think a rally should be like and look like.
    Not to mention that no matter what reason you can't attend their rally, it just isn't good enough.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I'm more annoyed by how people want to turn an organized rally into disjointed fractions of people with different goals.

I can understand what you are getting at, but I think back to the rally in Harrisburg where people were encouraged to be respectful and there had to be arguments and discourse over every little thing and the "Tree of Liberty" guys ended up being the focus of the media and it just became a big stinky mess.

"Organized, focused goal" vs "torches and pitchforks" - both can be done, but usually don't mix well together.

Can't we all just get along? LOL
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'm more annoyed by how people want to turn an organized rally into disjointed fractions of people with different goals.

I can understand what you are getting at, but I think back to the rally in Harrisburg where people were encouraged to be respectful and there had to be arguments and discourse over every little thing and the "Tree of Liberty" guys ended up being the focus of the media and it just became a big stinky mess.

"Organized, focused goal" vs "torches and pitchforks" - both can be done, but usually don't mix well together.

Can't we all just get along? LOL
    Let's not forget about the FOAC guy that told my kid that he couldn't give his own letter to the rep's we visited because it wasn't gun related and the reps don't like being bothered, but was important to him and our family. But then went and bothered the secretary at the first office we went to asking them to make copies of the letter he brought.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast