Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: no love/support for rallies & counter marches other than one on 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by Bow2no1 View Post
    Nope, I didn't realize. I'm new to the forum and moved here to pa almost 4 years ago.

I just think it's important we stand together with the rest of the country as a whole.
    No problem and I'm glad you're here for more than the gun babe thread.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: no love/support for rallies & counter marches other than one on 4/30/18

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Some people have to work for a fucking living!!!

To pay for the welfare those who march & protest on a regular basis receive!!!
    I get we work, but sacrifice's must be made. What is more important? Our rights, or a day's pay. I know that sounds dickish, but if we don't rally, we won't be heard, and we won't recruit the ones on the fence about the issue. Go to as many rallies as you can afford, and don't say "I can't afford any" because unless you are scrounging for cash, we can all make time. We have to make time. Liberty is too precious to lose over a couple hundred bucks.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You DO realize that "the one on the 30th" is an ANNUAL rally that was probably planned/scheduled before last year's Harrisburg rally was even over.

"The rest of the country" just threw their shit together at the last minute.

The POINT of the rally on the 30th is not "stand outside with signs". The point is for a large number of gun owners to go make their presence (and feelings) known to elected officials IN PERSON. You can't do that "when it's more convenient" on a Saturday.

Go to one, go to both, but try to understand that these are two different rallies, organized by different people and nobody sat down and said, "Hey let's hold rallies on a bunch of different dates!"
    Neither rally has anything to do with the other and the one on the 30th was planned long before anyone else said "We need to hold a rally!"
    If that is true why can't they post the date earlier so vacation days can be put in.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    I get we work, but sacrifice's must be made. What is more important? Our rights, or a day's pay. I know that sounds dickish, but if we don't rally, we won't be heard, and we won't recruit the ones on the fence about the issue. Go to as many rallies as you can afford, and don't say "I can't afford any" because unless you are scrounging for cash, we can all make time. We have to make time. Liberty is too precious to lose over a couple hundred bucks.
    That does sound dickish. There's nothing wrong with encouraging people to participate, but I have a real problem judging them for not going to this rally or that. First, maybe it really is difficult for them to get the time off, and maybe they really don't have the money to spend. Second and more importantly, what makes you think you'll save your rights if you attend a particular rally or protest, and you'll lose them if you don't? Don't get me wrong, I think rallies and protests are great, and I've been to a bunch of them. But does the average rally actually accomplish anything?

We need to sway more voters over to our side. Be an ambassador, letting the people around you see that we're safe and responsible and caring citizens. Participate in discussions online and in person, and develop arguments based on facts and logic that wont turn other people off.
    Take newbies to the range every chance you get. And encourage other gun owners to get to the polls. If you can sway even one vote to our side, youll do more good than going to any rally.

I'm thinking that rallies do more harm than good if they give people the false sense that they actually accomplished something and don't need to do more. We need to bring home the votes or we lose. Period.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    That does sound dickish. There's nothing wrong with encouraging people to participate, but I have a real problem judging them for not going to this rally or that. First, maybe it really is difficult for them to get the time off, and maybe they really don't have the money to spend. Second and more importantly, what makes you think you'll save your rights if you attend a particular rally or protest, and you'll lose them if you don't? Don't get me wrong, I think rallies and protests are great, and I've been to a bunch of them. But does the average rally actually accomplish anything?

We need to sway more voters over to our side. Be an ambassador, letting the people around you see that we're safe and responsible and caring citizens. Participate in discussions online and in person, and develop arguments based on facts and logic that wont turn other people off.
    Take newbies to the range every chance you get. And encourage other gun owners to get to the polls. If you can sway even one vote to our side, youll do more good than going to any rally.

I'm thinking that rallies do more harm than good if they give people the false sense that they actually accomplished something and don't need to do more. We need to bring home the votes or we lose. Period.
    I'm not judging, and I put in an understanding if a person really can't make it because of financial difficulties.

You ask how going to a random rally will help our rights be preserved, and then you say we need to recruit. How can you recruit if you don't even have time for a rally, don't show the fence hangers that we do exist, and don't show the quiet supporters of freedom that they are not alone. I have pro gun stickers on my truck for two reasons: let the anti gun folk know I exist, and let pro gun people know they are not alone. Right no I'm in L.A. It is astonishing how many people actually are progun, and in fact, if gun owners in CA voted as One, the laws would look more like Texas.

My point is, this. Look at how many people came out to those rallies in D.C, in a little over a months time. All these ill-informed people. I watched footage of the march, and they are worse than you can imagine, but seem that you can turn them over. But what does it say to the silent supporters when they do not see the same level of turnout form us? They will think they stand no chance, and either won't bother voting, writing, or may even turn anti.

I have yet to fail at turning one of these people over to our side in person, the only exception being this one man who walked into our gun shop genuinely wanting to know why anyone needs a gun period. He wanted to be convinced, but we failed. It just did not click for him, but then again it is kinda difficult when 4 people are feeding you information at the same time.

I'm not to worried about federal laws being passed at the moment. This is a state issue now, and I don't want to see PA turn into CA. We can't let that happen, and in order to protect our liberty we have to be as active as the left is, if not more. I'm a one issue voter. I will always vote Republican to protect the RTKABA. That is as easy as it can be, all the way to writing (actual writing) letters, organizing events, etc.

The Founders, and the people who fought, risked death for treason, a fate that would destroy their family, and lead them do death as well, so that we may be free. The least we can do is forgo a days pay to protect that ultimate example of sacrifice, if you can afford the trip.

(Lebanon County)

well...I'm shit outta luck! funeral for close family friend on 14th & working on 30th (time off not approved)! popvox & nra-ila websites and email/call legislators...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    ^^^ This ^^^
    Plus I'll add that the annual rally on April 30th is scheduled and announced as early as JANUARY.
    Assuming having an established job and not a new job. I find it hard to believe that people can not get the day off under those conditions.
    Even working as a burger flipper you eventually earn paid-time-off and a couple months notice is enough to request a day off.
    Too many people are too loyal to their job; and not loyal enough to their freedoms.
    --ET

(Allegheny County)

The only conditions under which I get a day off is if it rains or it's Christmas.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Mercer County)

It's time for me to make the time to attend events that are in line with my beliefs.

I also have always had excuses to miss events, and the excuses were justifiable. But the insanity in this country has reached an apex.

Harrisburg 14 April.
    Mercer County Courthouse @ 1:00PM 15 April
    Harrisburg 30 April

I can lurk (like I've done here, for a long time), send money for memberships (PA Sportsmen Federation, Libertarians, GOA, NRA, Oathkeeper, etc.), bitch and moan on other forums, and watch TV and go absolutely bananas hearing the MSM.

It's time for me to Put up or shut up.

And we do need to take lessons from others and learn how to unify.

(Mercer County)

I looked through the 2A Rally Link post on this forum and noticed that GOA is the only National Organization that has Speaker listed. This looks like another sell out by the NRA and some of the other National Organizations. With all the funding the NRA recieves from PA it's seems like a slap in face from that organization, send us your money, send us more money, but screw you when there is a long scheduled Keep and Bear Arms Rally in your state.

The people setting up this Rally ought to talk with the Clinton Foundation or some Liberal Organization to get their handbook on how to set up a protest and how to get into to see the political critters. Daryl Metcalfe is the only rep in Harrisburg that willing to speak up

RANT OFF
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast