Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Black Ash Sportsman "Adventure Trail"

This was great fun. We had a group of about 9 who met up for breakfast prior to the shoot. I shot two classes. Centerfire revolver iron sights. I did pretty well with a Not bad for it being in the high 20s with snow falling. I am shooting close to full house loads in my Ruger SBH as to not have to adjust my sights for hunting. I did a little better in rimfire. I shot in the scoped pistol class and ended up hitting a little better than on centerfire. The course was fun. It was good to be out in the woods. The video on the club web page doesn't do it justice. Most shooting stations had two targets. The targets ranged from 20 to 60 yards on the centerfire course. Much like 3D archery, you are required to stand with your foot touching a peg. I will be going back on April 22nd and taking an open sighted rimfire Ruger Single Six. Once the weather breaks, I would encourage anyone within an hour drive to come and give it a try. The .22 rifle targets were small and the entire course looked pretty challenging.
    Jules

Default Re: Black Ash Sportsman "Adventure Trail"

The next shoot is this coming Sunday, April 22nd. I am mixing it up this time and trying rimfire handgun with iron sights and scoped rimfire rifle in addition to center fire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12