Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default DPMS Oracle on sale for $449

A local gun shop (with shooting range) in Elizabethtown PA just sent me an e-mail that they have the DPMS Oracle for $449 while supplies last. It is amazing to see retail prices for evil black rifles falling so low - I don't think I can build one for less than that ! (that's pretty close to the least expensive working build that I have) Granted, no sights, but one would think it should function ok (I don't know anything about the reputation for these, but they do have the aluminum upper and lower).

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: DPMS Oracle on sale for $449

I thoroughly detest railed gas blocks, but otherwise seems fine for the cash.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I thoroughly detest railed gas blocks...
    Pray tell...

(Montgomery County)

The only iron sights you can mount to them are metal bodied and heat up VERY fast.

If you think you're going to flip one up if your optic goes down without getting at least a 2nd degree burn on an ungloved hand, you're fooling yourself.

So, if I have to keep it flipped up anyways in the off chance I need it, I'd rather just go with a fixed post instead of the railed block.

Now, a free float tube, that's another story.

My first AR had the railed block, swapped it for a low profile and put on a free float handguard. The rest of the uppers I've bought since were either already free floated or just had the fixed post. I'm happy with them all.

(Allegheny County)

I don't care for them either. I just think they look dumb. Either use a standard A2 front sight/block or use a low profile and cover it with a handguard.

I think BUIS get too much importance placed on them though so I wouldn't care if all I had on that rifle is an optic.
    Especially for $450! That price is insanely good.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

On one of my ARs the gas block is a folding sight. It clears the free float by .030" when folded back. I'm sure I could flip it up with a house key, penknife, Leatherman or a cartridge.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    The only iron sights you can mount to them are metal bodied and heat up VERY fast.

If you think you're going to flip one up if your optic goes down without getting at least a 2nd degree burn on an ungloved hand, you're fooling yourself.

So, if I have to keep it flipped up anyways in the off chance I need it, I'd rather just go with a fixed post instead of the railed block.

Now, a free float tube, that's another story.

My first AR had the railed block, swapped it for a low profile and put on a free float handguard. The rest of the uppers I've bought since were either already free floated or just had the fixed post. I'm happy with them all.
    Thanks. Bought an Oracle before the election, but haven't put a round thru it yet - because I haven't put sights on it yet...