Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Palmetto State PA10

I have the same lower your looking at, and all I can say is I am extremely pleased with it. The EPT trigger is probably the nicest AR trigger Ive used ( I see no need for the gear snob top shelf $200+ drop in units) this works just fine for my needs. The overmolded grip is fantastic, not sure how Palmetto offers these at such a great price. Other than ALL the others are just insanely overpriced. I never purchased a firearm online and I can say the sale with Palmetto went as smoothly as anything I have bought, great service.

The SR25 and DPMS style are quickly becoming the accepted industry standard where none existed before in the AR10 style rifles. The early Armalite AR10B and Rock Rivers use different mags

I did not use the Palmetto upper, so I can not offer any advice on that., I used an Alex Pro Fab instead:
    https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...=7810&fprdct=1
    Only because I got a decent trade deal here on the classifieds forum, It is more accurate than I expected, here is a pic of my first batch of handloads @ 100 yards

Go ahead and get one, you will not be dissapointed

20180311_111150.jpg

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    Go ahead and get one, you will not be dissapointed

20180311_111150.jpg
    How do you like the APF upper Sarge? All the reviews I've seen are very positive.

I've been interested in a .308 for a while, partially for the same reason as 27hand.

Good to see them back in stock. Nobody comes close to that price.

(Allegheny County)

Gentlemen,
    Thank you for the input.
    I'll call my FFL it's coming
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

@27hand

PSA has improved some of the things I found... and IMHO , the PSA PA10 GenII is a heck of a deal.

You might enjoy ( Honestly I know you will ) these two posts... they are older ( 3/4 year ) but I have some current production PSA PA10 GenII ( 20", Rifle length gas, 6.5CM and .308 ) on the way to reevaluate.

There are some of the things I did that seem to apply to all .308AR's... burnish the chamber ( very easy to do ), add an adjustable gas block (also very easy, that change radically changed the "Linda Blair" cyclic persona to a Winnie the Pooh level, and made shooting, and staying on target MUCH easier ( Think firehose vs. gardenhose)

A little tinkering produced a considerably more enjoyable to shoot firearm.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...7-/301-284190/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...s-/301-285762/
    Last edited by bfoosh006; May 3rd, 2018 at 05:48 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I just got my upper. 20" heavy barrel profile. Dry fit the scope (ffp primary arms 4-14) and rings. Action seems a little rough. Probably have to burn the coating a bit. Ordered a bcm charging handle with some bigger ears so i can charge it a bit more easily. Ordered a hartis bipod with mlock adapter. I may shoot it this weekend depending on things.

I bought the 2 stage nickel boron trigger lower. It doesn't feel like a 2 stage to me. Not like my m1a. No first click. May have to give them a call about that.

(Allegheny County)

I may install an adjustable gas block on it. I was waiting for one to be available installed but i got impatient. Internet guru's say it is over gassed. I will wait to see how it runs first.

(Allegheny County)

Ok. Here I go.

2018-04-20_08-05-40 by poofy27, on Flickr

Now. I need to get a rear sight and it looks like a riser to cowitness through the Aimpoint clone. Maybe Ill take the Swan sleeve off an AR and fit it up to see if that will give me the correct optic elevation.

I'll read more but think I'll clean it up as per a few posts, lube it and see what it does.
    Is there any telltale problems with this unit being over gassed and if so, what to look for before getting an adjustable gas block?

Thanks for the input guys.

Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I just got my upper. 20" heavy barrel profile. Dry fit the scope (ffp primary arms 4-14) and rings. Action seems a little rough. Probably have to burn the coating a bit. Ordered a bcm charging handle with some bigger ears so i can charge it a bit more easily. Ordered a hartis bipod with mlock adapter. I may shoot it this weekend depending on things.

I bought the 2 stage nickel boron trigger lower. It doesn't feel like a 2 stage to me. Not like my m1a. No first click. May have to give them a call about that.
    I'm hardly a trigger expert and I only have firsthand experience with the Rock River Arms National Match 2 stage trigger and I don't think there's any "click" that can be felt.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

No "click", just a take-up to the "wall" of the second stage.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks EM and av8. M1A definately has a click then a bang. The trigger does feel sweet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12