Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Consitutional Rally: Saturday April 14th, Harrisburg.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I agree but you're going to have people saying "Muh Job" for the Monday rally. If you cannot make it to a weekend rally, that's just an excuse. I am going to both and when I do the Monday rally, I will not be paid for that day.
    Well, since I hadn't heard about this rally until recently I'm saying "much job". I don't have Saturdays off and neither do lots of other folks. I already took off on the 30th, I doubt I can swing getting the 14th as well. I don't get paid for the time off I take for these.

Honestly, I don't see the 4/14 event being very successful.

Here's how it started: "A West Virginia man is organizing a national rally at every state capital in the nation in support of the Second Amendment on April 14 of this year. David Clayton, who worked as a short-order cook in a bar, was talked to by Matthew Simmons about the "Patriot Movement." Clayton, a self-proclaimed lover of history, took some literature and read it and became excited so he decided to look further into the matter." source article....

So, it's not even organized. It's a guy from WV telling everyone to go to their capitol on that day. Then what? Are there speakers? Did someone get the permit for the Capitol? Will we all just stand around? How is this getting out to the 2A community? I see no evidence of any organized marketing. So, we'll end up with the same 50-60 people who go to everything.

If we are not going to lobby, we need thousands to come out in order to get press coverage. Where are these thousands going to come from? Who contacted them?

At least Metcalfe's 2A day on the 4/30 (Monday) is well known to many. It is the 13th annual event. We draw 400-500 and fill the Rotunda. That one is worth the trip, gas and parking to me.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    I remember many reps weren’t in the offices a few years ago - due to that I think the 14th would be a good rally if one had to choose. This one is National. Splitting this up now isn’t good for a numbers show.
    I wonder if we could get a breakdown of Dem vs Republican reps not being present at work on 30Apr. It would be interesting if the majority of missing reps were Dems or known to be anti-2A.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I wonder if we could get a breakdown of Dem vs Republican reps not being present at work on 30Apr. It would be interesting if the majority of missing reps were Dems or known to be anti-2A.
    Just because they're not in their offices when we come calling doesn't mean they're not at work.

(Schuylkill County)

I definitely plan to be at the rally on the 30th but I am not sure about being able to be there on the 14th, I will check my schedule and see if I can fit it in.

(Philadelphia County)

I'll be there. Especially after reading Wolf's letter to congress, I'll be at every rally I can.
    Last edited by golevka; April 2nd, 2018 at 10:00 PM.

Well, ya my job. I drive tractor trailer. I can't just be somewhere because you want me to. Unless you're paying my bills?
    However I can generally make plans for weekends.
    I'll be a bit irritated if I drive 2+ hours to Harrisburg on the 14th and only a few people show up because there is a separate event on the 30th.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bow2no1 View Post
    Well, ya my job. I drive tractor trailer. I can't just be somewhere because you want me to. Unless you're paying my bills?
    However I can generally make plans for weekends.
    I'll be a bit irritated if I drive 2+ hours to Harrisburg on the 14th and only a few people show up because there is a separate event on the 30th.
    Relax and ride Amtrak to and fro. Hop on at 30th St. Station and get off 1 1/2 blocks from the Capitol Bldg.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Well, since I hadn't heard about this rally until recently I'm saying "much job". I don't have Saturdays off and neither do lots of other folks. I already took off on the 30th, I doubt I can swing getting the 14th as well. I don't get paid for the time off I take for these.
    I can understand that, I am working myself all this weekend and I have since starting doing rotating first and second shifts. However, this time it's so very important we show up to these events. I myself have never went to a rally, I have only called or wrote my reps/senators. We as a group need to do more this time around.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see the 4/14 event being very successful.

Here's how it started: "A West Virginia man is organizing a national rally at every state capital in the nation in support of the Second Amendment on April 14 of this year. David Clayton, who worked as a short-order cook in a bar, was talked to by Matthew Simmons about the "Patriot Movement." Clayton, a self-proclaimed lover of history, took some literature and read it and became excited so he decided to look further into the matter." source article....

So, it's not even organized. It's a guy from WV telling everyone to go to their capitol on that day. Then what? Are there speakers? Did someone get the permit for the Capitol? Will we all just stand around? How is this getting out to the 2A community? I see no evidence of any organized marketing. So, we'll end up with the same 50-60 people who go to everything.

If we are not going to lobby, we need thousands to come out in order to get press coverage. Where are these thousands going to come from? Who contacted them?

At least Metcalfe's 2A day on the 4/30 (Monday) is well known to many. It is the 13th annual event. We draw 400-500 and fill the Rotunda. That one is worth the trip, gas and parking to me.
    How it works is one person from each state took lead. Dino Kay is the one in this rally who got the permits, they're also working on parking and getting a group hotel discount. So it's organized, however, the more people the better.

All the information is on the Facebook page, I would recommend you read the discussion where these points are brought up and answered.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast