Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Hello Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAverageShooter View Post
    It would be a dream of mine to have a "war room". But, with crime rates in Fayetteville, NC.... I'd be too damn scared to have anything out in the open like that, lol. I love my guns too much to take a risk like that down south. My goal/dream would be to have a "war room" with mannequins lining the walls, dressed to fit the time period while holding the rifle that would be appropriate for the setup the the mannequin is wearing. That would be expensive, but a goal of mine. I mainly like the firearms of US and German WWII history, but would incorporate the other allied and axis forces. I have a wide variety of guns (as seen in the slightly dated video) but would like to start focusing more on the collector stuff. You've got one hell of a room there!
    This is the world of post kids and post military service. Just a hint. When you get here. There is a flea market in Saylorsburg(about 20 min from Stroudsburg) You can find lots of interesting items there. One of the few flea markets that will allow the sale of firearms. I picked up a "last ditch" Arisaka for $100 a couple of years ago. Several swords, also.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lackawanna County)

20140725_070253_004 - Copy (1024x576).jpg
    It would be a dream of mine to have a "war room". But, with crime rates in Fayetteville, NC.... I'd be too damn scared to have anything out in the open like that, lol. I love my guns too much to take a risk like that down south. My goal/dream would be to have a "war room" with mannequins lining the walls, dressed to fit the time period while holding the rifle that would be appropriate for the setup the the mannequin is wearing. That would be expensive, but a goal of mine. I mainly like the firearms of US and German WWII history, but would incorporate the other allied and axis forces. I have a wide variety of guns (as seen in the slightly dated video) but would like to start focusing more on the collector stuff. You've got one hell of a room there!

You can add 54 mm figures, badges and insignia to enhance you gun displays. These are old pics. The gunroom is under reconstruction after I picked up four display counters from Gander Mountain when they "reorganized".

20160202_160819[1] (800x450).jpg20160202_163115[1] (1024x576).jpg20140725_070253_004 - Copy (1024x576).jpg[

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    ...and we even let schmucks like this guy join.

... and yet, you show Wakefield the door?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

AL1983 Guest

Hopefully your not in filthydelphia it blows

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    20140725_070253_004 - Copy (1024x576).jpg

You can add 54 mm figures, badges and insignia to enhance you gun displays. These are old pics. The gunroom is under reconstruction after I picked up four display counters from Gander Mountain when they "reorganized".

20160202_160819[1] (800x450).jpg20160202_163115[1] (1024x576).jpg20140725_070253_004 - Copy (1024x576).jpg[
    That is awesome! Love the figurines! When I get up there, I'm definitely going to have to do some looking around. As long as I can get a place with a spare room, like a bonus room or something, I'm definitely going to try and start up on the war room. lol.
    Instagram: @theaverageshooter

(Lehigh County)

Welcome aboard @TheAverageShooter and Thank You for your service!

(Lebanon County)

Thanks for the brief summary on that. Yeah, I was just trying to make sure that I can carry my SBRs with me while keeping them loaded. As well as my "AR Pistol" in the "firearm" setup. I have a NC Concealed Carry Handgun permit, which is reciprocal, so I'll just have to use it while I work on getting the LTCF process started.
    PSSTT, Hey Airborne, all of 20 minutes at the Sherrif's office, not sure on that county but some let you walk out the door with your new ones, some make you wait. Make sure you bring a copy of your orders showing PA as your new "Home". In the mean time, plenty of ranges all around, public and private, enjoy turning money into noise.

(Berks County)

Welcome to the board and PA! As a former Western NY Resident I can tell you while yes the laws are restrictive in NY, realize that anywhere north of Poughkeepsie are generally a-ok people of a similar mindset to us all here. It's the NYC liberal and Albany liberals that sink NY.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Venango County)

Welcome to the forum. As stated we have some pretty nice laws, some could be better, most all are confusing and case law rulings don't help matters as some judges like to redefine the English language. But you'll find those threads, too.

My daughter currently teaches in N.C. and it is her first job out of school. I am going to visit as I am now disabled. I wanted to know a little about N.C. laws as I will be going down soon. (I am an Army vet and was wondering if the SF Museum was worth a visit to Ft. Bragg?)

PA: Open carry is not illegal per se but limits where you can go via vehicle unless you have a License to Carry Firearms (LTCF).
    NC: Seems similar, is it ok to OC or print?

PA: Not legally required to inform an officer you are carrying.
    NC: ??

PA: You can carry where alcohol is served. No law against drinking either but if something happens...

PA: A sign against carrying firearms could get you trespassed. But in practice, you are usually asked to leave a location if discovered.

Are there any weird things I should know about NC laws?

In PA, you need a LTCF to carry open or concealed in a City of the First Class (Pop. over 1 million). There is only one city that qualifies now: Philadelphia.
    Also, during declared States of Emergency by a governor, you need a LTCF to carry off of your property for handguns or long guns unless you are actively defending yourself. PA tends to over declare Emergencies to ensure Federal funds are immediately available etc.
    PA has state preemption laws to make gun laws consistent throughout the state (exception for Philadelphia).

I leave in a week for an area just outside of Raleigh (North and a degree or two west).

Overall, I think you will really like PA.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    Welcome aboard @TheAverageShooter and Thank You for your service!
    Thank you!
    Instagram: @theaverageshooter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast