Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Best 2-stage ar trigger?

Hey all,

I'm building a precision 6.5 grendel setup and have it all ready to go, but realize I don't like my pof single stage as much as my 2 stage bolt action rifle triggers.

So I'm looking to swap out to a 2 stage trigger, and was thinking the SD-e or the ssa-e, but wanted to get your opinions on the drop in kits available now. Do the timney tiarga, cmc 2/2 or others do better than the tried and true geissele? I head the self contained triggers have better fitment and don't have as long an over travel.

Just wanted a few opinions. It's tough to get trigger time with all the different types.

Thanks,

David

Default Re: Best 2-stage ar trigger?

I have a SD-E and love it. The ease of installation and a "no fuss" trigger is nice, especially for the money. If you don't need the flat faced trigger, Palmetto has the SSA-E on sale now for $179 I believe.

(Armstrong County)

Agree on the SD-E.
    I've been slowly swapping all of my SSA-E to it. I just like the flat face more.

All Geissele triggers will be on sale this weekend, or maybe only tomorrow. Keep an eye out, every "holiday" they are at, or damn near, dealer cost.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Monroe County)

i don't think you can go wrong with a SD-E/SSA-E. i prefer it over the CMC (don't own a timney), to me the break is crisper, lighter and more consistent. i am also not a fan of the little hook at the bottom of the trigger shoe.

There are a lot of sales this weekend for geissele triggers. Brownells has them on sale sd-e/ssa-e for $174.99 w/ code NCS or you can get some filler items and use code M8Y which is $20 off $200. both ship for free. i'm on the fence myself about picking up a SD-C.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by poconopashooter View Post
    i don't think you can go wrong with a SD-E/SSA-E. i prefer it over the CMC (don't own a timney), to me the break is crisper, lighter and more consistent. i am also not a fan of the little hook at the bottom of the trigger shoe.

There are a lot of sales this weekend for geissele triggers. Brownells has them on sale sd-e/ssa-e for $174.99 w/ code NCS or you can get some filler items and use code M8Y which is $20 off $200. both ship for free. i'm on the fence myself about picking up a SD-C.
    Thanks for the code. Ordered a SD-E for my precision build. And a G2S-E for....well....shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990dtgl98 View Post
    Thanks for the code. Ordered a SD-E for my precision build. And a G2S-E for....well....shits and giggles.
    The SD-E will not disappoint!

(Somerset County)

If you want to save $100 the Larue mbt at $125 ($99 on sale frequently) is very comparable to the SSA. Other wise Geiselle. There are some good single stage cassette style triggers, but I don't have any experience with the 2 stage ones

(Bucks County)

Bump because today was my frst time shooting with the the SSA-E in my 308 and wow, what an amazing 2nd stage break. I’m very used to regular SSA and this morning shot a hundred rounds or so out of my AR with SSA then switched over to the SSAE. The difference is very noticeable especially on the 2nd stage. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed using this or the flat faced version in a precision AR.
    Last edited by Palerider; June 3rd, 2018 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    Bump because today was my frst time shooting with the the SSA-E in my 308 and wow, what an amazing 2nd stage break. I’m very used to regular SSA and this morning shot a hundred rounds or so out of my AR with SSA then switched over to the SSAE. The difference is very noticeable especially on the 2nd stage. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed using this or the flat faced version in a precision AR.
    The SSA-E is an amazing trigger.

The Geissele High Speed National Match can have even lighter pull weights !... down to 1.9lbs two stage , 1.5lbs 1st stage.. 6oz (! ) 2nd stage.

Comes with 3 different spring weights...

https://geissele.com/hi-speed-nation...igger-set.html

(Lawrence County)

Jewell.

Lycanmicdropthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast