Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30-06 Round

(Columbia County)

Default Re: 30-06 Round

Federal Blue box 150’s are the best of the economy hunting rounds in my rifle. I did exactly as suggested, bought a few different types and tested. Once I found the best one I bought a bunch of the same lot number.

(Lancaster County)

My rifles have always liked the 180's better for accuracy, and I've never seen anything fail to drop from them yet. It's kind of nice to have one that works for deer that you could also use on bear or elk and not have to change.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Most of the guys in our camp have been using the 150gr Hornady SST for years with great results. The deer either drop or run a max of 40 yards, the buck my dad got this year tipped over in its tracks when he shot it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123