Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Traveling in NJ with guns

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    The only time I make a post that's similar to a previous post is if I posted the previous post a long time ago when it should by now be forgotten.
    I hate to break it to you, but a month and a half is not a long time unless you suffer from early onset dementia.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Bucks County)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    Just don't do anything to get pulled over.
    You can murder someone and not get caught. Doesn't make it any less illegal or inadvisable...

At the very least, if you're going to go to NJ often with firearms, get an NJ FPID. It'll let you transport NJ legal long guns outside of directly between exempted locations. They will issue FPIDs to out of state residents, though it's even bigger of a pain in the ass with scheduling fingerprints and whatnot.

Avoid, if at all possible, bringing handguns or hollow point ammunition into NJ. An FPID will NOT cover transport outside of directly between exempted locations for these items. Only the impossible to acquire NJ carry permit will cover handgun transportation between places that are not exempted.

And DEFINITELY leave your NJ illegal items at home (AWB non compliant firearms, magazines that exceed 15 rounds, etc).

Everyone has a personally acceptable risk level. It is safest to leave all firearms at home, but if you decide to take the risk of bringing them, at least educate yourself on the matter so you don't get strung up. Remember, screwing up can result in not only jail time, but a record and loss of rights that will follow you wherever you go.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but a month and a half is not a long time unless you suffer from early onset dementia.
    Well a month and a half can be old by forum standards, especially if the thread has dried up.

Anyway, this thread is not like my first thread since this thread is about traveling with guns in NEW JERSEY, my previous thread wasn't.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Like a broken windshield that is nearly invisible. PRNJ is not a place for a normal person to travel with guns. OP you are rolling the dice. Do as you with because you havent had a problem, yet!
    A broken windshield that is nearly invisible? If it is invisible to the point that you don't notice it while you're right behind it in the driver's seat than I don't see how a cop can see it when you're driving by.

I grew up in NJ and I've lived most of my life in NJ. You don't get pulled over for having broken windshields that are nearly invisible.

(Lancaster County)

so...........you're driving through the PRNJ......fastidiously making sure you are legal and not attracting attention, when...........WHAM!!! you get rear ended by some a$$hole and your vehicle is now inoperable. You now have a cop taking your info and have to arrange towing and alternate transportation. YOU ARE F'ed.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by heatheroo View Post
    so...........you're driving through the PRNJ......fastidiously making sure you are legal and not attracting attention, when...........WHAM!!! you get rear ended by some a$$hole and your vehicle is now inoperable. You now have a cop taking your info and have to arrange towing and alternate transportation. YOU ARE F'ed.
    Let's be realistic, NJ has the best drivers so that would never happen.

(Allegheny County)

I don't honestly know the rules/laws regarding travel with guns in NJ because it's something that will never affect me.

I can't tell for sure, but the reactions here seem to suggest that the OP is suggesting breaking the law on the basis that it's unlikely you will be caught.

I've seen people here get banned for suggesting someone hunt a rabbit out of season. (granted, that was when the rules were enforced)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

I can't tell for sure, but the reactions here seem to suggest that the OP is suggesting breaking the law on the basis that it's unlikely you will be caught.
    Bingo.... seems to me that the OP is encouraging illegal behavior. The laws regarding transport of weapons across state lines are readily available online.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Blair County)

i think this is a nj cop trying to bait us in to nj .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast