Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Where to go for the best gun prices

Funny how our perceptions/experiences are so different.

1 Private, face to face transactions, sometimes through the classified here, have by far resulted in the worst deals for me. Sellers, especially in PA, have a high opinion of their item's condition, expect top dollar, and buyers in PA are stingy. Nothing wrong with any of that, but it doesn't provide a "best deal". When I buy guns on line, especially from down south, items are always as good or better than described.

2 - Best deals found online? Eh, not sure about that. At least, not for used gun. i mostly buy used and just paid through the nose for a shotgun on GB - my choice. Guess what, thousands of other guys do the same thing every day. Certain used guns are hard to come by, so I justified it. However, some of us still have good brick and mortar shops nearby, but many others do not, so they pounce hard on guns they want and drive prices up. I've done ok on the various forums though.

3 - The upside to online sites and forum is Feedback. It generally keeps sellers honest.

4 - Gun shows - forget about it. They have new guns, which I can find anywhere, rare guns, which are priced accordingly, and beaters. I generally do better buying from the "walkers". Folks carrying guns at the show, looking to sell.

5 - local shops - I've done pretty well by shops, so I have no complaints. Some work on volume, others on margin. The former provide some good deals.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Cumberland County)

I agree. I started on a whim, online having sent to my local FFL. Once there to pick up, realized what a great aspect of customer service is and in the future will seek out and gather info if my local shop can do better and even if its a few bucks more may consider going through them as a customer/retailer relationship grows and makes the purchase that much more enjoyable.

(Elk County)

For the best gun prices, I'd go to either:

http://www.bestfirearms.com

Or:

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Best-Fi...51550271553979

For the finest gun prices, try here:

http://www.finestfirearms.net

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

my lgs has kick ass pricing.in bucks county, so, make a day of it, and see some sights.

Tanners in Jamison.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Luzerne County)

I like to shop locally. I found a shop that does good by me. When I buy something they generally knock a few bucks off of the tag.

People often ask if I am going to this gun show or that, and I generally say no. They sometimes say but you can get some good deals there. And you certainly can. But when you get that gun home and it doesn't go bang, who do you talk to? Take it to your local guy who will say sure I'll check it out for a price.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I like to shop locally. I found a shop that does good by me. When I buy something they generally knock a few bucks off of the tag.

People often ask if I am going to this gun show or that, and I generally say no. They sometimes say but you can get some good deals there. And you certainly can. But when you get that gun home and it doesn't go bang, who do you talk to? Take it to your local guy who will say sure I'll check it out for a price.

see this? everyone read it, and read it again. support a Local Gun shop, and, they will support You. gun shows are for pickles, jerky, and meeting up with people.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    my lgs has kick ass pricing.in bucks county, so, make a day of it, and see some sights.

Tanners in Jamison.
    Yup, those guys. Good pricing, big selection, helpful people. Went there on a Saturday, and in spite of dozens of customers in the store I was helped within minutes.

I buy everything from Tanner's Gun Shop. They get all my money.

(Bucks County)

Tanner's is where it's at for consistently good deals. Surplus City also has good deals, especially on used guns.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post

Well said

WHP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast