Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Anyone have to travel to and from NJ on the regular?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Aren't FOID cards available to NJ residents only? If the summer home is not your main residence then I don't think you can get a FOID card. Do you have an NJ driver's license? Do you file your Fed, and State taxes using your NJ address?
    According to the NJSP, you can get a NJ FID card as a NR, but, I have no experience or no anyone who has done that.

It would get all sorts of goofy if you got the perfect storm of pulled over and searched, PA drivers licences but a NJ FID card with different address etc.

If it gets you more leeway around the exempted places, its safe to assume NJ treats it as illegal.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Monroe County)

I have carried in NJ in my vehicle and every other state for decades.. Even got through a complete inspection at the Salem and Hope Creek Nuclear Generating Stations. I had a load of water intake filters and did about 5 plants finishing at Indian Point.
    Knowing what I know now I wouldn't do it again or recommend it to anybody. If the statute of limitations had not past I wouldn't even admit it online.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'm covered under LEOSA, but I don't want to deal with that shithole either. Last time I took a short trip to NJ, I took a kubotan and a 0.75-oz can of pepper spray with me, because a 1-oz can is illegal. I assume Tasers are probably illegal too, along with every other defensive weapon.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    So let me back up one more step. If one owns a beach home in nj and stays there from time to time, is that person legally allowed to possess a handgun at the nj beach home? Having transported it to and from unloaded and locked in the trunk?
    I was told the answer to this is yes by a retired fbi agent and current ffl in nj. But I would like others with knowledge to weigh in.
    IANAL either.......But you might have a chance that a Judge will agree with you and throw out the charges.

But this is if you only transport it JUST to your beach house (and Why? do you expect a home invasion there?). Just to be clear, I did say JUDGE. You WILL be arrested first.

If its worth it to you to risk a felony, pay a lawyer and "beat" the charge go ahead and try it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234