Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Anyone think philly area needs a pro gun event in 2018? Ideas?

(Admins if this belongs elswhere please move it)

While talking about recent gun control initiatives in Pa and federally I have been hearing from so many people around me who are frustrated that these "March for our lives" events get a huge turn out and media coverage. I would love to see something like this in the Philadelphia area being the media has a large base in Philadelphia. I think it would be hard to ignore a large turn out of responsible gun owners of Pa. So much anti gun legislation comes from Philly, and I would love to show that Philadelphia gun owners don't have to be ashamed to support the Second Amendment and we are willing to show up. I don't know the legalities but I would like to see what others think or see if even Buck's or something close to philly is a more viable option. I'd love to see something like this nationwide even in states like NJ where carry is next to impossible, just have people showing up and showing they want their gun rights back.

Anyone have any idea where to start with something like this or if it's even possible? Legal issues? Carry options? I want to see PA stand up I just dont know where to start.

I think it would be great to get more events going, not just in Harrisburg but in multiple places through out the state.

I plan on making the trip to Harrisburg on the 30th with others from Philly area.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Anyone think philly area needs a pro gun event in 2018? Ideas?

I'm going to the Harrisburg protests on the 14th and 30th of April, but as a life long Philly native I'd love to see a protest for our rights here. I don't care where, or when, I'll be there.

We should have it right outside of Independence Hall off of Walnut, where the statue is. Or if it gains enough traction, the field between Market and Chestnut.

(Philadelphia County)

Would such an event be an appropriate place to display signs pasking why the GPU takes applicant's fingerprints while no other county does?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Would such an event be an appropriate place to display signs pasking why the GPU takes applicant's fingerprints while no other county does?
    It's a stop and frisk kind of thing. And from what I see on the news they have pro gun events almost every night.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

I'm going to try to make it to Harrisburg. On both days. I feel like Philly has a huge media presence and to have a pro 2a event in Philly would have to be covered. As a Philly it's technically illegal to carry in parks even though unconstitutional to Pa Constitution but we have to be able to find some place that we could get this going. Any suggestions on who, what or how to get this going?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALASH69 View Post
    I'm going to the Harrisburg protests on the 14th and 30th of April, but as a life long Philly native I'd love to see a protest for our rights here. I don't care where, or when, I'll be there.

We should have it right outside of Independence Hall off of Walnut, where the statue is. Or if it gains enough traction, the field between Market and Chestnut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It's a stop and frisk kind of thing. And from what I see on the news they have pro gun events almost every night.
    Yeah I thought that as well. Bucks county you can get a permit $20 cash and wait a week tops from what I hear. PHL you need finger prints, $20 money order, and a passport photo. No other county requires that and you have to get your permit in your county office. I waited 45 days and had to go down to the office for my permit. The GPU says if you do not receive a confirmation in 45 days come back, I know when I was getting interviewed a does people came in after the 45 days Hoping to pick up. And when I picked up same thing. I know there are many people in this city who are gun owners and responsible. I don't think our leftist politicians here are speaking for many Philadelphians. A current assault weapons bill proposal is from from the same lady who made a stink about the Rizzo statue

(Schuylkill County)

A pro gun event in Philly might not be a bad idea although if you ask me Philly is too much like NJ for it to do much good.

I would drive all the way out there for an open carry event in front of this guy's house.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Sims
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.