Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default LEtter to Governor Wolf

Feel free to use this to send out. Edit it to your own words if you want

Dear Governor Tom Wolf
    Recently I read your letter in support of Common Sense Gun Control. You and many others Sir are completely out of touch with reality when it comes to gun control measures. Restricting Law Abiding Citizens will never stop a criminal from doing evil. Do you remember the Columbine School Shootings? Those occurred during the tenure of Bill Clintonís Assault Weapons Ban. How did that Ban work for stopping or preventing that tragedy?
    When a citizen of this great country Walks into a federal building or any courthouse in the country they first must empty their pockets and walk through a metal detector. I assume that is to protect the people inside from Evil. Yet people like you, Diane Fineistein, Nancy Pelosi and many others talk about the need to protect our children in our schools. And Your ideas are to restrict firearms from LAW Abiding Citizens of this Country. You want people to be persuaded into believing that more gun control measures will prevent these tragic shootings in schools and public gun free places. Have you ever heard of a mass shooting at a shooting range? How about a mass shooting on game lands during hunting season when millions of armed people are in the woods of Pennsylvania? No, you havenít and even if you google it, you wonít find a news report in the history because evil people who wish to do harm to others fear those who are able to protect themselves and fight back.
    If you want to protect children in schools all over the nation do what is right and stand up for support and demand metal detectors at the doors. The funding for them can come from your pensions and perks.
    Muzzel Down Range, Eyes On Target...

Default Re: LEtter to Governor Wolf

I assume that is to protect the people inside from Evil.
    You assume he can read?!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by norb5150 View Post
    Feel free to use this to send out. Edit it to your own words if you want

Dear Governor Tom Wolf
    Recently I read your letter in support of Common Sense Gun Control. You and many others Sir are completely out of touch with reality when it comes to gun control measures. Restricting Law Abiding Citizens will never stop a criminal from doing evil. Do you remember the Columbine School Shootings? Those occurred during the tenure of Bill Clintonís Assault Weapons Ban. How did that Ban work for stopping or preventing that tragedy?
    When a citizen of this great country Walks into a federal building or any courthouse in the country they first must empty their pockets and walk through a metal detector. I assume that is to protect the people inside from Evil. Yet people like you, Diane Fineistein, Nancy Pelosi and many others talk about the need to protect our children in our schools. And Your ideas are to restrict firearms from LAW Abiding Citizens of this Country. You want people to be persuaded into believing that more gun control measures will prevent these tragic shootings in schools and public gun free places. Have you ever heard of a mass shooting at a shooting range? How about a mass shooting on game lands during hunting season when millions of armed people are in the woods of Pennsylvania? No, you havenít and even if you google it, you wonít find a news report in the history because evil people who wish to do harm to others fear those who are able to protect themselves and fight back.
    If you want to protect children in schools all over the nation do what is right and stand up for support and demand metal detectors at the doors. The funding for them can come from your pensions and perks.
    I have a few things to critique about your letter. First, Governor Wolf is an anti Ėgun democrat and he openly admits it. If he does respond to your letter I anticipate he will say that he supports the second amendment citing the fact that he signed a bill into law allowing for semi autos to be legal for hunting. As far as the Clinton gun ban not being effective, I suspect he along with any other liberal gun banner will reply that the Clinton gun ban didnít go far enough and he wants to strive for a more restrict law similar to NYís Safe Act.
    I donít think itís a good idea to try and cite cases of areas that are supposedly immune from mass shootings. The reason; is you cited there are no mass shooting during hunting season. Not according to the link below reporting that six people shot and killed over a fight over a tree stand.
    http://news.minnesota.publicradio.or...untershooting/

I wouldn't count this as a mass shooting but Chris Kyle and his friend were both shot and killed on a gun range.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...kyle-shot-dead

So the part that he would not find any reports of shooting in these areas via googling it is not exactly true.

Metals detectors at school doors may be a good idea but the Sandy Hook shooter broke his way into the school. As far as taking the money out of teacherís pensions to pay for them, thatís wishful thinking. Even if Wolf wanted to, the teachers Unions are too strong. Furthermore when the pension fund depletes itself, they look to property taxes to replenish it.

To summarize, I donít think your letter is very effective because, Wolf is anti-gun without apologies. He can cite that he did sign pro-gun legislation regardless of the fact that it got watered down. Your examples of areas resistant to gun crimes are on shaky ground. And the thought that the funds from teacherís pensions are going to fund metal detectors is just not going to happen regardless who is governor.

(Warren County)

"Hello Wall,

I'm talking to you in the expectation that you will do what I want....."

Its about as effective as writing to Wolf.

Rational discourse with that level of anti is useless unless you have something he wants.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bucks County)

While I applaud your efforts....