52. You may not vote on this poll
  • G43

22 42.31%
  • Shield 9

30 57.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shield vs G43

Default Re: Shield vs G43

I have had them both for years and put at a minimum of 500 rounds through each of them and I can honestly tell you that out of the box the Shield is far superior. Once you change the sights, and add everything you want to the Glock the Shield is still a better gun. The only upgrade I would make is a set of TFO Pro sights.

I carry the G43 everyday because my wife took the Shield after she received her LTCF. If I had not been out of work when the Shields were $215.00 last year I would have bought another for myself without the safety. I shoot Glocks all the time a 19 in competitions, a G17 sits on my night stand right now and hopefully a 19x soon for a full out RMR competition build so I am far from a Glock hater or a fan boy.

I don't carry guns in my pockets and if I did it wouldn't be either of these two.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 26th, 2018 at 01:00 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    If I was in the market for a new small 9 I would probably go with a Sig365. I already have a Shield and LC9. The better trigger and higher capacity in a gun just as small or smaller would be my choice.
    Shield and LC9s Pro here... same comment! ^^^
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Philadelphia County)

I have the Shield 9, Ruger LC9s and Sig 938. I usually pocket carry in a sticky holster to/from work, so my EDC alternates between the 938 and the LC9s.

I own several Glocks too, but Glock was just too late to the single stack party for me.

That said, I've handled the G43 a lot at my LGS and had the opportunity to shoot a few mags through my buddy's. It shot okay and was very comfortable, but I was more accurate with the Shield. Same for my buddy when he tried my Shield.

I'm also interested in the P365, but have not had the opportunity to handle one. Through given the minor issues that have cropped up with it, I may wait a year or so for them to work out the kinks.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    While I appreciate the advise I’d like to stick with the 2 I’m interested in
    You do realize this is POOFA right?

Get a Beretta Nano.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    You do realize this is POOFA right?

Get a Beretta Nano.
    Thanks for setting me straight

(Allegheny County)

I have had “a few” Glock 43s, I currently own two and I am carrying the 43 daily. I have four friends that own or have owned S&W Shields and I have had the chance to shoot the Shields a bit. So here is my take.

I love the size of the 43, the grip fits my hands perfectly. I love carrying it. I shoot it good by my standards, not like my 19; but good enough for me to carry daily. I wish it had more than 6 rounds, and yes I have Pearce +1s in several mags – but still…. However, I do not really "enjoy" shooting the 43. After my range practice sessions of 50 – 100 rounds, I have had enough of the 43. For me, it is just not a fun gun to shoot, snappy. But did I say that I love carrying it….

The Shield is a great gun; however it seems top heavy for me. The grip doesn’t fit my hand like the 43 and to me it appears to have more muzzle flip when I shoot it. Again, I have had the chance to run some different drills with several of them in the past, so it wasn’t just a one time “get used to the gun” thing. I like the fact that S&W came out with a non-external safety version, this would be my choice if I was going to buy a Shield.

I don't pocket carry, IWB carry though I do carry it OWB on occasions.

Both are great guns and either one would be a good EDC gun.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Philadelphia County)

I own the M&P Shield, Glock 43, and recently acquired the Sig P365. I use magazine extensions on all of these pistols, even though I have small hands. The extensions give me a full handful of grip. The M&P has the fullest grip with the P365, and G43 in that order. I pocket carry and use Kydex holsters (AHOLSTER.COM). I have night sights on all three. I am most accurate at ten yards with the M&P Shield, the G43, and finally the Sig P365. The recoil on all three is very manageable, but the M&P Shield's recoil is less than the P365 and the G43. Shooting indoors, the G43 has a noticeable muzzle flash. I use www.freedommunitions.com ammo 115 gr. for practice. My rating: M&P Shield, Sig P365, and the G43.
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

Glock 43,just as accurate and dependable as my Glock 19s,perfect for year round carry !

(Westmoreland County)

I teach at a local range. The Shield is easy for even new shooters to handle. The G43 is a little more of a handful for newbies. Me and two of my best buddies all bought small single stack 9mms for our daily carry guns. One a Shield, me a 43, another the XDS. Try them all if you can and see what feels best to you.

(Montgomery County)

Shield gets my vote out of those 2. Although I'd really try the p365 I still am waiting on my ordered one to arrive. I may get a shield also once the 2.0 performance center versions come out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast