• G43

22 42.31%
  • Shield 9

30 57.69%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shield vs G43

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Shield vs G43

I honestly can't answer till I buy a G43. I didn't vote.

This poll.may very well have been the deciding factor.

Now, I have a Shield. I got it for my daughter and another for my son but I'm hanging onto hers till she gets her LTCF.

It shoots pretty well but I would still opt for my G19.
    I will try to shoot a G43 at our next group shoot to see if I like it enough to buy one.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Self admitted Glock fanboy, armorer etc... Having the ability to buy all parts at a good discount is a plus for me.

(Clinton County)

I'm new... and recently posted what's below on another thread but thought it might help here for those who questioned and are waiting for Sig Sauer's P365 performance/reliability statistics. I've owned the Glock 43, sold it and bought Kahr CM9's (not entirely relevant to thread topic, just an FYI), and shot the shield.
    I kept the Kahr's until I felt very comfortable with the P365's.
    All comes down to personal preference and it's good to have many choices.

Hi All,

I'm new to PAFOA as well as Sig Sauer... handle kind of gives it away. I'm chiming in for an FYI on questions/concerns about Sig Sauer's P365 performance/reliability. Our household owns 3 of them, post tweaking with late build dates. The short version of what I can say based on OUR experience with them is if you want one and are on the fence waiting for the bugs to get worked out... wait no longer.

The long version is this. I'm an engineer by trade which makes me a fan of innovation... it doesn't make me a brand fanboy as I've owned or currently own several different brands based upon quality, reliability, and other criteria. I realize, like many others that any new offering can potentially have birth/growing pains so I did abstain from jumping on the very first P365's and I'm glad I did. In the information age of today if something has an issue, folks are going to know about it fast. The Sig P365 did and folks found out... fast. Sig Sauer also found out fast, took ownership of responsibility, listened and responded in an extremely positive way. In all honesty I think they had to after the P320 stumbles as their very reputation and market share hinged on a positive and timely response. Enough about my opinions though and on to facts about the P365 (OUR experience).

The 3 P365's we own have all been vetted to the point that I'm very confident to call it my new EDC. We tested... family and friends, during two different outings on some private property with various brands and weights of ammunition which included a diet of 3 reputable HP brands. What we found was all 3 performed flawlessly in every scenario we threw at them which included trying to induce failures by firing with one hand, weak hand, limp wristing, riding the slide somewhat while slingshotting a round. We even rotated flush fit and pinky extension mag's between firearms as well, so that's 6 mag's in rotation with 3 guns. The only issue that arose through 600+ rounds in each firearm was a bad primer from a box of Winchester white box 115grn./FMJ. That round got a chance in all 3 P365's as well as a Beretta 92 to conclude it was an ammo issue. Upon breaking down to clean them I found no peening/mushrooming, or hint of metal on metal contact at all (save for slight slide wear). Found nothing in the deep U-shaped portion of the barrel that the guide rod rests against, forgive and advise if you know the technical term. After learning of the issues with the first one's deployed I did take the time to clean the white goop Sig sends them out the door with.
    Accuracy at 15yds.? Before firing off hand with any of them I fully supported them on a bench to check for accuracy and get an idea about where to hold on target. What I found was that these 3 like to have the front sight blade cut the bullseye in half, which coincidentally is what I/we prefer. All shot 5 round trials in a ~1" group with some rounds finding the same hole. I did need to adjust point of impact on 2/3 to the right about 1"-1.5" which was very simple using a rear sight pusher. The manuals information was that .016" of rear sight movement caused 3" of result at 25yds. so I marked the rear of the slide with a very fine pencil and as soon as I cut the marked line I stopped, reassembled and ran another 5 rounds. I ended up having to move 1 back to the left a tad, so if you do adjustment and you think the rear sight moved, stop and try it. Height was perfect for us as I/we like to cut the bullseye in half and after finely tuning them that's just what happened. Moving to off-hand isosceles/weaver standing positions caused our groups to open up a tad but most everything remained in the 10/9/8 circles with the occasional flyer that you knew, once you pulled the trigger it was "damnit".

Well enough book writing as I'm sure you're about as tired of reading as I am typing. I'll end with this... I hope everyone found this informative/helpful in making a decision. Also hoping that others are having, or will have positive experiences now, or when you decide to commit. Stay safe!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123