Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    AL1983 Guest

Default Re: QuestionGlock 19 15 round magazine no holster

Opening carrying in Philadelphia is asking for trouble. To my knowledge you can't it's the city of the first class

Plus Philadelphia Police hate open carrying so get ready to deal with being stopped, harrased, having your gun taken, and possibly your l.t.c.f

Watch you tube videos of people open carrying in "filthy delphia" they speak for themselves

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by AL1983 View Post
    Opening carrying in Philadelphia is asking for trouble. To my knowledge you can't it's the city of the first class

Plus Philadelphia Police hate open carrying so get ready to deal with being stopped, harrased, having your gun taken, and possibly your l.t.c.f

Watch you tube videos of people open carrying in "filthy delphia" they speak for themselves
    You are NEW here are you not? There are tons of threads on that very subject, and one of our own has been at the center of trying to cure that disease.++
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by AL1983 View Post

Hassle or not, you are allowed to carry openly IF you have a LTCF.
    You may not carry openly in any city of the first class (Philly is the only one in PA) UNLESS you have a LTCF.

(Montgomery County)

Simple questions require simple answers, so I'll do my best. Seems like most other things have been covered, so if I'm redundant, forgive me.

If you are serious about carrying a gun, get serious about your gear. You are carrying to protect your life, so carry, and conduct yourself as if your life depends on it, and that means a proper belt, holster, and magazine holder among other things.

Loose rounds are why the FBI decided to move away from revolvers as duty weapons, among other reasons. FBI agents were found dead reloading with loose rounds, or spent cases. Speed holsters are a gift from God. Use them.

Why not use a cargo pocket? Simple, it is the incorrect method. On average it takes 1-2 seconds to reload, on the range. Now add stress, and sticking your hand into your pocket, maybe grabbing two mags rather than one, upside down, and backwards...If you NEED a reload it's because shit hit the fan, and you are the room. You need it NOW, not 10 seconds after you die with your hand in your pocket. Your age and tenure do not hold merit, your experience and knowledge do. I have seen 40-60 something year old's who own 20+ guns that do not know law, or how some "familiar" guns work. You never stop being a student. If you knew it all, you would not ask us for advice. It would not hurt to get training. The best instructors still learn. You don't need a class on attitude. Class on advanced firearms training encompassing concealed carry, maybe. It never hurts.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    Simple questions require simple answers, so I'll do my best. Seems like most other things have been covered, so if I'm redundant, forgive me.

If you are serious about carrying a gun, get serious about your gear. You are carrying to protect your life, so carry, and conduct yourself as if your life depends on it, and that means a proper belt, holster, and magazine holder among other things.

Loose rounds are why the FBI decided to move away from revolvers as duty weapons, among other reasons. FBI agents were found dead reloading with loose rounds, or spent cases. Speed holsters are a gift from God. Use them.

Why not use a cargo pocket? Simple, it is the incorrect method. On average it takes 1-2 seconds to reload, on the range. Now add stress, and sticking your hand into your pocket, maybe grabbing two mags rather than one, upside down, and backwards...If you NEED a reload it's because shit hit the fan, and you are the room. You need it NOW, not 10 seconds after you die with your hand in your pocket. Your age and tenure do not hold merit, your experience and knowledge do. I have seen 40-60 something year old's who own 20+ guns that do not know law, or how some "familiar" guns work. You never stop being a student. If you knew it all, you would not ask us for advice. It would not hurt to get training. The best instructors still learn. You don't need a class on attitude. Class on advanced firearms training encompassing concealed carry, maybe. It never hurts.
    ^^^this^^

(Chester County)

File this one under "Recipe for disaster".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234