Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor wants more power to ban guns, repeal preemption!

I’m unfamiliar with Pittsburgh politics. Can someone school me on the demographics... working class blue collar, minority?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I’m unfamiliar with Pittsburgh politics. Can someone school me on the demographics... working class blue collar, minority?

It's probably like any other city - chock full of liberal democrats and has certain run down areas made up of people whose life long career consists of cashing a welfare check.

The days of massive amounts of blue collar workers is long gone. Steel workers have gone the way of the dinosaur and in their place are technology and hospital workers.

Democrat. Democrat. Democrat.

(Westmoreland County)

All of the above. Added into the mix more recently, some state of the art medical and research facilities, as well as high tech robotic type stuff too.
    Oh yeah, and the wannabe bigshot mayor's new baby: the self driving Uber cars that crash into shit and hit pedestrians are now using the city as an experimental demolition derby playground.

Maybe some of those here who live in the city can add to what I said, or correct me if I'm wrong.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Allegheny County)

It is basically San Francisco, with classier homeless people.

(Allegheny County)

I don't live in Pittsburgh - I live in a bordering municipality.

About half of my work is within the city limits. Now I don't work in the entire area, but I can say that I only saw ONE Trump sign to the hundreds upon hundreds of Hillary signs prior to the election.
    AFTER the election, almost every Hillary sign was replaced by one form of "hate Trump" sign or another. (We're Glad You're Our Neighbor" or "Hate Has No Home Here" or "Love Trumps Hate")

Every neighborhood I work in that is close to the city is rabid liberal.
    Lots and lots of "higher education" going on here, so you know what sort of people are here.

I don't really think Pittsburgh is a BAD city, but the best part about it is that a 10 minute drive in almost any direction can put you in fairly rural settings.

(Chester County)

Thanks to all who responded. Pittsburgh sounds better than Philadelphia (not that any liberal city is a good thing)... more IQ in Pittsburgh.

I love Pittsburgh, but with the influx of technology, you now get extreme leftists on top of the old guard Reagan Democrats. The unions, such as they are, still insist on voting Democrat. Not to mention the major liberal colleges right in the city.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post

Jared highlights an article in USA Today wherein Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto (among others) whines about his inability to pass unconstitutional ordinances due to statewide firearm preemption. Contact your state legislators and let them know how important it is that we keep and strengthen statewide firearm preemption legislation. Contact your mayor and let them know that you won't stand for any attempts to infringe on your rights at any level of government, including local. Let them know that this is a voting determinant for you and your family.
    Mayor Feedback form for Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto: http://pittsburghpa.gov/mayor/mayor-feedback.html

I ask gun control enthusiasts if they would support a small rural town excluding residency by young black males. I state that statistics show that young black men get into jackpots on the streets with firearms a lot more, it's their leading cause of death.

"They pass an ordinance. No house purchases, no renting, no hotel rooms and these young men can keep on moving". This ordinance is based upon CDC statistics which show the leading cause of death of this demographic.

When the gun control enthusiasts scream that this would infringe on their civil rights I immediately agree. "Yes, this is an unacceptable infringement on the rights of these young men. They too deserve to live where they like".

I then add, "so what is the difference with firearms?"

They don't handle it well.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    Mayor Peddoucho just got re-elected. What the hell is wrong with those idiot voters there? I stay away from Pittsburgh as much as possible, been there twice in about 7 years. Went to a Pirates game, grandson won free tickets at school. and had to take my wife to a doctor appointment in town. That place sucks, the mayor is a sanctuary city wannabe.
    Yinzburghers are some of the dumbest fucktards on the planet. Mayor Potatoe panders to the extreme left, young dumbfucks like the student marchers and fight-for-15 types, oogly-assed metwo women, and old loser union types bitching that they cant get 15.00 an hour to sweep floors.

Spend some time listening to yinzburgh talk radio and it all comes clear.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't live in Pittsburgh - I live in a bordering municipality.

About half of my work is within the city limits. Now I don't work in the entire area, but I can say that I only saw ONE Trump sign to the hundreds upon hundreds of Hillary signs prior to the election.
    AFTER the election, almost every Hillary sign was replaced by one form of "hate Trump" sign or another. (We're Glad You're Our Neighbor" or "Hate Has No Home Here" or "Love Trumps Hate")

Every neighborhood I work in that is close to the city is rabid liberal.
    Lots and lots of "higher education" going on here, so you know what sort of people are here.

I don't really think Pittsburgh is a BAD city, but the best part about it is that a 10 minute drive in almost any direction can put you in fairly rural settings.
    Pretty much mirrors the situation here in Philadelphia. Recently moved far away enough to commute and live in a sane place. My old neighborhood became infested with antifa types.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast