Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Federal Gun-related Felonies Perpetrated Against Me? Fed. LEO's Encouraged to Res

If you are an NRA member, do they offer any legal assistance to members?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Federal Gun-related Felonies Perpetrated Against Me? Fed. LEO's Encouraged to Res

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    They do referrals to lawyers on their list, with no endorsement of any particular person.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by targetmaster View Post
    Thanks so much to all three of you for reading my lengthy post, and I certainly appreciate your valuable input. I also very much appreciate the well wishes, so thank you for the nice thoughts. I am actually doing much better now.

I was really trying to avoid hiring an Attorney, as the cost could exceed what I am owed here. Now that I think about it, when I filled out my NRA Board of Directors Ballot a few months ago, there was listed a "Firearms Attorney" named Adam Kraut, Esq. who lives in and has a practice in my town. He also operates a Gun Store here, and works there on occasion. I'm thinking I should find out when he is there, buy something, and very "Discreetly" try to run this by him. I am pretty good a things like this.

I also have Marvin as a witness. I have spoken with him many times, he is a super nice guy, and he is as frustrated about this as I am. He has never been a proponent of what "John" is doing to me. He has mentioned "God" several times during our conversations, seems to be a very pious individual, and I doubt he would lie about anything.

Well, in the meantime I am going to hope a LEO or an Attorney reads this, and provides some concrete information for me. I am also thinking I should call and speak to the "Woman" who is listed on their 01 FFL instead of John. I'm betting she would certainly not want to lose her FFL, and the businesses she apparently co-owns with her husband.

Thanks again guys, and enjoy the rest of your weekend..! Tom

************************************************** ****************************************

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
    Where the heck have you been? 7 posts in 10 years??? WTF????

Hope your cancer is in remiss and you're doing better.

If you get top shelf attorneys involved, expect to pay for them - for when you win, you may possibly recover reasonable legal fees. Remember, you get what you pay for...

Voted for Adam Kraut in the last two NRA elections - did you??? Gunlawyer is a fabulously competent atty. There may be others here too...

If I was in your shoes, I'd nail these fuchers to the wall - their business be damned..
    - bamboomaster

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Marvin could very well be John for all you know over the phone. Sorry that you are getting screwed by a scumbag outfit. Glad to here you are doing better. Cancer sucks. Be well.
    Thank you STBear. Also, I have spoken to both of them on the phone, and can tell them apart. Marvin has a VERY distinctive voice, and since he runs the Gun Shop he almost always answers the phone there. John has to be reached at a different number. I am quite sure they are not the same person, but thanks for the "Head's Up" all the same..

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I seriously doubt that he's going to "lose his business" over not refunding your money.
    No kidding, really? I am talking about if it's determined he has committed "INTERSTATE GUN FRAUD/THEFT". He does have my money and guns..! Due to the Interstate nature of the crime, that makes it an FBI matter. He is ALSO an ATF Licensee, who has committed a crime. I'm sure the ATF would be happy to hear from me about this issue.!
    Last edited by targetmaster; March 25th, 2018 at 07:06 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Nicely done :P

Since you quoted Floyd (blessings upon all that partake in their goodness) I will just add the following.

Many of us are LEO's, or retired LEO's, or Federal LEO's, or Federal retired LEO's.
    I would strongly caution you to get the advice of an attorney, as opposed to someone on the internet who may or may not be a (active/retired) LEO.
    LEO's as a general rule do not always give the best advice.

If you have a local gun lawyer then that is probably your best place to start.
    If your lawyer is any good, call him and be direct instead of trying to casually ask for legal advice.
    If it's a quick and simple answer, most decent lawyers will just tell you what you want to know free of charge.

If your question requires more than a quick answer, then the smart play is to pay for the initial consultation with no obligation of moving forward with any legal action.
    Preliminary legal consultations generally cost a few hundred dollars.
    If a lawyer tries to string you along with retainers and double talk up front, then you need to look for a more honest lawyer for an opinion.

Many of us have dealt with GunLawyer001 personally and know him to be an honest and direct attorney.
    My advice would be to send him an email and see what he has to say.

Best of luck.
    Bern-
    If there was only one band I could listen to for the rest of my life, it would be Floyd...!!! THERE IS NO COMPARISON..!!! So,, I am blessed for partaking? Thanks for your advice. I am just looking for someone, preferably a Fed LEO to say if an Interstate gun crime has been committed. I can prove a great deal of what is pertinent. There is a local Gun lawyer in my town I can go to any time if I choose to. Thanks buddy...!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Thanks for reminding me.! I have been an NRA member since I bought my first gun in 2007. I will call them to see what I can learn. Great tip.

(Erie County)

Seek an attorney

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Where the heck have you been? 7 posts in 10 years??? WTF????

Hope your cancer is in remiss and you're doing better.

If you get top shelf attorneys involved, expect to pay for them - for when you win, you may possibly recover reasonable legal fees. Remember, you get what you pay for...

Voted for Adam Kraut in the last two NRA elections - did you??? Gunlawyer is a fabulously competent atty. There may be others here too...

If I was in your shoes, I'd nail these fuchers to the wall - their business be damned..
    Actually, I've found most of my questions were firearm specific, and have been active on a different Forum that has contributors from all over the Planet. Sorry. I have not been ignoring you guys. Yes, I voted for Adam Kraut as well. Heck, he is from my home town..! I can probably get some face time with him at his local gun shop. Yes,,nailing these fucheerrs is my goal,,,,but I'm trying to get my money back first. C can be very, very expensive. I didn't want to get this far into my personal situation, but since you guys are all so pleasantly nice here, my surgery on 2/14/17 was my third one. First diagnosed in Dec 2014, and it has come back twice since then. The co-pays really add up and I've been paying monthly since 2014. I would have never bidded on these guns, had I known I was going to be diagnosed again a week later. 'Nuff on that,,OK? Thanks for all the well wishes from all of you. I am a stubborn Mo Fo, and I'm not giving up any time soon....!!!!!
    Last edited by targetmaster; March 25th, 2018 at 07:40 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by targetmaster View Post
    Actually, I've found most of my questions were firearm specific, and have been active on a different Forum that has contributors from all over the Planet. Sorry. I have not been ignoring you guys. Yes, I voted for Adam Kraut as well. Heck, he is from my home town..! I can probably get some face time with him at his local gun shop. Yes,,nailing these fucheerrs is my goal,,,,but I'm trying to get my money back first. C can be very, very expensive. I didn't want to get this far into my personal situation, but since you guys are all so pleasantly nice here, my surgery on 2/14/17 was my third one. First diagnosed in Dec 2014, and it has come back twice since then. The co-pays really add up and I've been paying monthly since 2014. I would have never bidded on these guns, had I known I was going to be diagnosed again a week later. 'Nuff on that,,OK? Thanks for all the well wishes from all of you. I am a stubborn Mo Fo, and I'm not giving up any time soon....!!!!!
    I understand being angry about getting ripped off, but if this is the worst you have ever been monetarily wronged then you have been lucky.
    People get ripped off all the time, happens every day, most crooks get away with almost no repercussions.

I had a friend that hired a contractor to renovate his house, the contractor was a crook and he ripped him off for about $100,000.
    My friend was pissed, the same as you are now, and he wanted his money back, but most of all he wanted some justice.
    He hired a lawyer and took the crooked contractor to court.

The court ruled that the contractor was at fault, and that he owed my friend for damages.
    The contractor declared bankruptcy, closed his business, and then reopened it under a new entity and continued working the same as he had before.
    He didn't pay my friend anything.

My friend was livid and he went back to the courts demanding repayment and justice.
    He was told there is nothing that can be done.

So my friend went through the prolonged stress of the legal roller coaster and ended up with nothing.
    Actually less than nothing since he had to pay his lawyer for his time prepping the case and going to court.
    He also had to pay for another contractor to redo all the work on his house.
    The crook got off scot-free, nothing paid out in damages, no criminal charges of any kind.

Incidentally, my friend died from cancer a few years later.

Sometimes it's best to just let it go and move on.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast