Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Federal Gun-related Felonies Perpetrated Against Me? Fed. LEO's Encouraged to Res

It's a time and money thing by now. How much time and money do you want to tie up in this? At a minimum you could complain to any agency that will listen. To take it further you will certainly need to consult with an attorney.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Federal Gun-related Felonies Perpetrated Against Me? Fed. LEO's Encouraged to Res

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I understand being angry about getting ripped off, but if this is the worst you have ever been monetarily wronged then you have been lucky.
    People get ripped off all the time, happens every day, most crooks get away with almost no repercussions.

I had a friend that hired a contractor to renovate his house, the contractor was a crook and he ripped him off for about $100,000.
    My friend was pissed, the same as you are now, and he wanted his money back, but most of all he wanted some justice.
    He hired a lawyer and took the crooked contractor to court.

The court ruled that the contractor was at fault, and that he owed my friend for damages.
    The contractor declared bankruptcy, closed his business, and then reopened it under a new entity and continued working the same as he had before.
    He didn't pay my friend anything.

My friend was livid and he went back to the courts demanding repayment and justice.
    He was told there is nothing that can be done.

So my friend went through the prolonged stress of the legal roller coaster and ended up with nothing.
    Actually less than nothing since he had to pay his lawyer for his time prepping the case and going to court.
    He also had to pay for another contractor to redo all the work on his house.
    The crook got off scot-free, nothing paid out in damages, no criminal charges of any kind.

Incidentally, my friend died from cancer a few years later.

Sometimes it's best to just let it go and move on.
    I am truly sorry about what happened to your friend. That is really awful. I can't help but wonder if the stress of this whole situation accelerated your friend's Cancer, and his eventual passing. The fact that criminals like this guy are able to get away with this crap really angers me. That is the kind of situation where "Certain" individuals might take the Law into their own hands. Actually, this crook is VERY lucky he is still breathing. Eventually he will rip of the wrong person, and get what he has coming to him.

You are right though. This is more the Principle of what he did to me, than the money. It certainly can't hurt to report this to the FBI, the ATF, and the CA State Attorney General's Office. What's the worst that can happen? They will do nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by targetmaster View Post
    I am truly sorry about what happened to your friend. That is really awful. I can't help but wonder if the stress of this whole situation accelerated your friend's Cancer, and his eventual passing. The fact that criminals like this guy are able to get away with this crap really angers me. That is the kind of situation where "Certain" individuals might take the Law into their own hands. Actually, this crook is VERY lucky he is still breathing. Eventually he will rip of the wrong person, and get what he has coming to him.

You are right though. This is more the Principle of what he did to me, than the money. It certainly can't hurt to report this to the FBI, the ATF, and the CA State Attorney General's Office. What's the worst that can happen? They will do nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
    If I was in your shoes, I would email or call GunLawyer001 for his opinion, since I trust his judgement and he would be able to tell me my options.
    If there was nothing else to be done, I would write a letter to the gun shop and ask for a refund, just so it was in writing and just to see if maybe they do it.
    After that I would report the incident to the police and then drop the matter and move on.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by targetmaster View Post
    If there was only one band I could listen to for the rest of my life, it would be Floyd...!!! THERE IS NO COMPARISON..!!!
    I would choose Glenn Miller

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    I would choose Glenn Miller
    YES!
    USNRET '61-'81

(Susquehanna County)

Sorry to hear your trouble with gun from CA and cancer, which I hope the later you are doing well with.

If the Auctioneer took pictures so as to hide the problems with these firearms, I would tend to believe he is a shit bag to start with and never intended to refund any or all of your money.

As far as Marvin.. well some of my worst financial deals have been with supposedly God Fearing, using the Lords name folks.. they lie about that to try and make you, and possibly themselves, feel comfortable.

As other's have said you should get an attorney.

I will say that I have been in a money dispute for $1600 with my car warranty company. All kinds of "We are sooooo sorry" "what? you didn't get that check yet" etc....
    You would be surprised what good documented poor comments on social media platforms will do to shake money from their pockets.
    However I told my nemesis "I will remove my comments AFTER I get the check and AFTER it clears" well after almost 3 months, then my reviews, and their call asking me to delete comments, it only took 2 days for a check to arrive

Some places to post:
    BBB - They will notify the business and ask for a response
    RIPOFF report - see above
    Google reviews
    etc..

Just search the company name, both gun shop and auction house + reviews

You most likely will see you are not the only unhappy customer.. also DO NOT fabricate anything or personal feeling.. only facts
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

There is a way to get a phone conversation put in writing and get the other guy to agree it is described well. After a phone conversation, you email the other guy. You write that "you said such and such" and I said "so and so." You offered to ""thus and so" but we agreed on "this and that" at my suggestion."
    You lay out the conversation and close with "If I misunderstood anything or described it poorly, please reply and let's get it straight." If the other guy replies or not, his is putting his mark on the conversation or acknowledging (by not answering with corrections) that you got it right. Send with a receipt generated by his opening the message and you have it in black and white.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    YES!
    "Yessongs" is my favorite album of theirs.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    You write that
    "you said such and such"
    and I said "so and so."
    You offered to ""thus and so"
    but we agreed on "this and that"
    Love your play by play description

PS: You are correct, I have used this method many times to document phone conversations, it is effective and very useful.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Dauphin County)

What kind of payment did you use? Very often these kind of transactions involve a Postal Money Order; if so, my understanding is the Post office does not take kindly to fraud involving money orders. That may be an avenue toward getting your money back, and bringing some justice to the situation.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123