Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AR Pistol

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: AR Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    $35.00 (new) - Upper - Anderson Sport - no forward assist/dust cover
    $50.00 (new) - Lower - Anderson (approx - can't recall exact price)
    FREE*** (used) - Barrel - Black Rain Ordnance 7.5" 1:8 twist 5.56 (***generously donated by a forum member)
    $108.00 (new) - Muzzle Device - PWS CQB linear compensator/flash hider
    $14.00 (new) - Gas tube - Strike Industries - Stainless/pistol length
    $31.50 (new) - Gas Block - Rainier Arms low profile - aluminum/Melonite coated black

$99.00 (new) - BCG (not pictured) - PSA Premium Full Auto BCG Item #8779
    $FREE (new) - Charging handle - PSA Premium - came free w/BCG
    $106.00 (new) - Trigger - POF 4.5 lb single stage drop in with KNS Anti-Walk Pins
    $65.00 (used) - Hand Guard (not pictured) - Aero Precision Quantum 7"
    $68.50 (new) - Brace/tube kit - Shockwave Blade KAK Buffer Tube /spring/buffer/castle nut
    $12.00 (new) - QD End Plate - B5 Systems
    $10.00 (used) - Grip - Magpul
    $22.00 (new) - Trigger Guard - Rainier Arms aluminum Modified Trigger Guard
    $17.00 (new) - Extended Mag Release - Odin Works (first version - works with KNS anti-rotation pins - V2 does not w/o mods)
    $37.75 (new) - LPK - CMMG "Gunbuilder's kit" (minus fire control group/grip)
    $50.00 (new) - Sights - Front Sig Sauer Tritium flip up / Rear A.R.M.S. BUIS* (*generously donated by a forum member)

Total $725.75 (plus shipping on a few items, but most were free shipping)
    (this info from when it was initially completed in 2016. Prices may differ now and not listed are the red dot and the mag well grip, or sling)

I could have built it for less, but there were certain parts I spent more on because I wanted more than "basics".
    The most costly "upgrade" was the linear comp that was chosen to reduce/eliminate fireballs.
    Like I mentioned, the beauty of building is that you get to pick and choose the individual parts you want to use.
    I don't have a barrel wrench, so a forum member torqued the barrel onto the upper for me and installed the gas block/gas tube - I did the rest.

Very nice, and a hell of a lot cheaper than if you bought it already assembled . Thank you very much for sharing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rob m View Post
    No worries all knowledge I can get is good knowledge. Who knows you may even have me convinced into building. Just spent 25 mins watching someone put a lower together and it seems to be a lot easier than I thought.
    Here's a pretty easy to follow video on putting the lower together using common tools.
    This is how I built all of mine. I don't even own a punch.

LINK

(Montgomery County)

Here's a pretty easy to follow video on putting the lower together using common tools.
    This is how I built all of mine. I don't even own a punch.

LINK
    thank you sir watching now, and saving for later.

(Montgomery County)

Anyone have any experience with Hardened Arms? I am looking at some of their complete uppers and they seem nice.

They are out of stock now but Ballistic Advantage has a nice 10.5" upper. I was going to buy a 11.5" BCM LW complete upper but they discontinued it before i ordered one. So I just built the upper off a Ballistic Advantage 11.5" Modern series barrel with the FSB. Saved about $100 building the upper vs buying the BCM and I even used a Mega forged upper.(price without BCG) Overall pleased with the ballistic advantage barrel, the FSB is on very straight too. I went with the KAK blade and their buffer tube.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/10-5-5...ete-upper.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    They are out of stock now but Ballistic Advantage has a nice 10.5" upper. I was going to buy a 11.5" BCM LW complete upper but they discontinued it before i ordered one. So I just built the upper off a Ballistic Advantage 11.5" Modern series barrel with the FSB. Saved about $100 building the upper vs buying the BCM and I even used a Mega forged upper.(price without BCG) Overall pleased with the ballistic advantage barrel, the FSB is on very straight too. I went with the KAK blade and their buffer tube.

I've had BA suggested to me by several "in the know" AR15 people.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post

Thank you I will check them out.

I've had BA suggested to me by several "in the know" AR15 people.
    They do have a good reputation, not too bad on the price either. New barrels have been slowly added to their lineup and they are delving into hammer forged barrels now. They are owned by Aero Precision now so they swap parts between companies. Aero receivers, BCG etc go to BA and BA barrels go to Aero.

(Montgomery County)

This is one of the ones I am looking at. I am not in a huge rush so taking my time looking.

https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_778

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rob m View Post
    This is one of the ones I am looking at. I am not in a huge rush so taking my time looking.

https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_778

Looks cool. I've heard the name, but can't comment on the brand.
    About $100 more than a PSA upper and you still need a BCG and charging handle with the Hardened Arms upper.

I hate rails, but that design is nice because it's just the short sections out front. Just depends on where you like to grip the thing.
    Keeping your hand back from the front has it's advantages though on a short barrel setup.
    Mounting things to it may set the item out further than using M-Lok or Keymod slots. Just a random thought.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast