Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Why do I have horrible luck with new guns?

So this will be the 3rd gun that I bought brand new that was broken right out of the box. I just picked up a Sig P229 22lr brand new as a new plinking toy and the neither of the supplied mags will stay in the gun. You can insert it, hear the click and pull it right back out without ever touching the mag release. A couple years ago I bought a brand new Glock 43 that had a broken firing pin and couldn't fire at all. A long time ago I bought a Keltec PF9 and every shot fired would eject the magazine again without ever touching the mag release. Funny enough none of the used guns I have ever purchased have ever given me any issues at all. Now I have to wait until Monday to call Sig and get this thing fixed.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Why do I have horrible luck with new guns?

That would chap my ass.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That would chap my ass.
    Oh trust me I am not to thrilled. This isn't a cheap gun by any means especially for a 22lr pistol. I expect it to work.

(Bucks County)

Have to determine is it the mag release or the mag. Dealer sells gun and you have reasonable expectation of use when you pays your money. Dealer should take it back and give you another but will likely refer you to dealing with manufacturer. I'd suspect the dealer would like to do that were it not for the government-imposed paperwork. Maybe asking a dealer what if, prior to sale, would get the return cooperation you should get. I see it this way...dealer should be just as pissed the manufacturer sent him bad product.

At you buying all of these guns from the same shop?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lancaster County)

"Used" = vetted and broken in...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    At you buying all of these guns from the same shop?

Actually all 3 were from different stores.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Have to determine is it the mag release or the mag. Dealer sells gun and you have reasonable expectation of use when you pays your money. Dealer should take it back and give you another but will likely refer you to dealing with manufacturer. I'd suspect the dealer would like to do that were it not for the government-imposed paperwork. Maybe asking a dealer what if, prior to sale, would get the return cooperation you should get. I see it this way...dealer should be just as pissed the manufacturer sent him bad product.
    I haven't contacted the store yet because when my Glock was broken I took it back to the store actually on the same day about an hour later and they wouldn't/couldn't do anything. Just told me to talk to Glock.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
    I haven't contacted the store yet because when my Glock was broken I took it back to the store actually on the same day about an hour later and they wouldn't/couldn't do anything. Just told me to talk to Glock.
    I hope you never entered their store again and that you told at least a dozen of your acquaintances.

(Venango County)

The store should at least 'look' at it to see if it is a simple fix or try different mags in it to rule out a bad mag set. I understand that the store won't replace as that is up to the manufacturer to determine if under warranty repair or a defect. Also, the store can check with rep or manufacturer and see if it is a 'known' issue.

For example, I know some of the Taurus PT111G2s (and probably PT709 Slims), had a slide issue. Having owned one (daughter's), I knew to tell the callers or in-store complainers to verify the slide locking mechanism was fully unlocked. My daughter didn't do that and it took me awhile to figure out what was going on. You have to lock it with the allen key fully, then unlock again fully. After that, the slide will work perfectly. I assume this has gotten back to Taurus as they now make a G2 which is the same as a PT111G2 but without the slide lock. If that lock is not fully unlocked, the action of the slide opening and closing is enough force to cause the mechanism to rotate into a semi-locked condition. Then the gun stovepipes or jams and eventually the slide won't move very far.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast