Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pa. school district arms teachers, students with buckets of rocks in case of shoo

Knowing that the school is actually DOING something in terms of armed security changes the WHOLE tone of this "rock thing".

As a "supplement" or as how it now appears, as a "last resort/better than nothing" option, I don't have an issue with it.

As a "replacement" for REAL security (as I assumed it was initially considering the typical attitude of the education system), it was simply absurd. (even if it still provided that "better than nothing" option)

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Pa. school district arms teachers, students with buckets of rocks in case of shoo

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    You been reading my posts?

I've said this for some time here, and to strangers, carrying a gun DOES NOT MAKE ONE SAFE, PERIOD

Carrying a gun will give one a fighting chance if they are able to use it, which could mean having to fight just to employ it.

And again, YMMV.
    It's possible I have and that influenced my attitude but I generally approach things as a set of statistically possible outcomes. Anything I can do to tip those odds more towards me living gets a thumbs up in my book.

I certainly agree with those of you who say the shooter should never be able to get through the door. I'll take that one step further and say there shouldn't be any shooters at all. We have not yet made it to that reality and until then I see no problem with a last ditch effort. Maybe some of you forget what a class room looks like but the ones I have been in have almost no where to hide and if they do no more then a few students would fit so you are a sitting duck regardless of whether you might try to throw something at the shooter.

Current policy in most schools in an active shooter situation is to lock it down and wait for it to be over. In theory with a quick neutralization of the threat this is the best policy but if the threat is on going you are a sitting duck, I would support if you have a way out get the heck out but that's another debate

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    No, I am saying that doing Something is always better than doing Nothing.

But if you want to stand around waiting for someone to rescue you, be my guest. Just stay the f+++ out of the way of those trying to do something to attack the problem.

As a country we gave to stop teaching the concept that someone else will solve our problems for us.

Your attitude toward this is indicative of our problem.

You are naive to think that one layer of defense may resolve the problem. Multi-layered solutions are the solutions to.problems like this, and involving every able-bodied person in the solution is necessary to maximize the opportunity for success.

To do nothing is to accept everyone as a loss instead of asking some to act in the common defense of many.
    Yeah that's me. Waiting for someone else to do it. You got me. That's endicative of reading a post and knowing the person.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Knowing that the school is actually DOING something in terms of armed security changes the WHOLE tone of this "rock thing".

As a "supplement" or as how it now appears, as a "last resort/better than nothing" option, I don't have an issue with it.

As a "replacement" for REAL security (as I assumed it was initially considering the typical attitude of the education system), it was simply absurd. (even if it still provided that "better than nothing" option)
    I am pretty certain that BMHS made local news and was referenced on PAFOA previously as having armed personnel on staff. So that makes the rocks part of a layered solution.

I don't like that my daughter's school does not have armed personnel on staff (at least to my knowledge). The rock throwing in her case stands as a "anything is better than nothing" approach and at least teaches kids to "fight back" as opposed to the standard lesson of how to be a helpless victim, the only kind of victim the left embraces.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    I don't like that my daughter's school does not have armed personnel on staff (at least to my knowledge). The rock throwing in her case stands as a "anything is better than nothing" approach and at least teaches kids to "fight back" as opposed to the standard lesson of how to be a helpless victim, the only kind of victim the left embraces.
    I hope my earlier post came across with these 2 highlighted sections as the first thoughts.

(Delaware County)

Magnum or regular stones? These so-called educators rock.

I would paint them black so they are more dangerous.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I would paint them black so they are more dangerous.
    Evil black stones.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Evil black stones.

Which brings us right back to my earlier point that nobody needs a 5 gallon bucket of stones.
    I think that a small pail is sufficient.

You just need to disorient the attacker, not stone him to death!

Dana talked about it yesterday: 0325 show, skip to 1:28:00

http://danaloeschradio.com/archives
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast