Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: Pa. school district arms teachers, students with buckets of rocks in case of shoo

To all you experts what exactly would you do if you were cornered in a room?? I know I know you all carry a gun 24 hours a day including while in the shower.

My point is if a gunmen comes into one of those rooms the overwhelming odds are that kids die period. With rocks again odds are most kids very understandably panic and none get thrown. And guess how that ends, exactly the same way it does with out the rocks. If a few manage to throw them and it improves just one kids chance of survival by even one percent I see absolutely no downside to that. It also aims at getting people out of the helpless victim mindset which is even better.

Final bit of thought. Does carrying a gun mean you automatically survive a life threatening situation? Maybe some of you were James Bond in your past life but my attitude is that chances are I still and up injured but guess what having a gun certainly increases my odds of walking away or making sure he doesn't walk away to hurt someone else. Nothing is a gaurentee in a fight, yah if it were my choice I'd take a gun hell an Abrahams would be better but when choice isn't up to me pens, chairs, laptops and rocks can do a decent amount of damage and are way better then nothing.

Rant over

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Pa. school district arms teachers, students with buckets of rocks in case of shoo

Quote Originally Posted by varano14 View Post
    To all you experts what exactly would you do if you were cornered in a room?? I know I know you all carry a gun 24 hours a day including while in the shower.

My point is if a gunmen comes into one of those rooms the overwhelming odds are that kids die period. With rocks again odds are most kids very understandably panic and none get thrown. And guess how that ends, exactly the same way it does with out the rocks. If a few manage to throw them and it improves just one kids chance of survival by even one percent I see absolutely no downside to that. It also aims at getting people out of the helpless victim mindset which is even better.

Final bit of thought. Does carrying a gun mean you automatically survive a life threatening situation? Maybe some of you were James Bond in your past life but my attitude is that chances are I still and up injured but guess what having a gun certainly increases my odds of walking away or making sure he doesn't walk away to hurt someone else. Nothing is a gaurentee in a fight, yah if it were my choice I'd take a gun hell an Abrahams would be better but when choice isn't up to me pens, chairs, laptops and rocks can do a decent amount of damage and are way better then nothing.

Rant over
    The gunmen should be stopped before he or she gets inside the school.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Did they get this idea from the Muslims? They love stoning people.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

This teacher is as smart as her bucket of rocks.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

I am a BMHS graduate and I support any effort to teach kids to fight back. Too many of our problems are based upon the current thought taught in our society, to sit back and wait for someone else to solve our problems for us instead of taking an active role in solving them ourselves.

To the best of my knowledge, the school district had taken other steps to protect their students, that are in line with what I think is appropriate.

My daughter plans to ask her principal if this can be adopted at her school, because rocks are easier to throw than chairs and more effective than laptops.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    I am a BMHS graduate and I support any effort to teach kids to fight back. Too many of our problems are based upon the current thought taught in our society, to sit back and wait for someone else to solve our problems for us instead of taking an active role in solving them ourselves.

To the best of my knowledge, the school district had taken other steps to protect their students, that are in line with what I think is appropriate.

My daughter plans to ask her principal if this can be adopted at her school, because rocks are easier to throw than chairs and more effective than laptops.
    You have no issues with your child standnf in plan sight of a a gunman to throw a rock at him?

We have all heard the saying don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Stones aren't knives.
    Last edited by normanvin; March 26th, 2018 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    You have no issues with your child standnf in plan sight of a a gunman to throw a rock at him?

We have all heard the saying don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Stones aren't knives.
    As opposed to standing in a corner and doing nothing but bleed out? You bet!

I have a theory most assailants expect no resistance. If one classroom fights back that occupies the assailant longer, providing more time for an armed response or for others to escape.

I have a theory that active shooters would not have been as successful in the past when Americans were taught to fight back instead of cowering helplessly in fear dying while they wait for someone to rescue them.

Look at what a difference in mindset and response made on 9.11

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by varano14 View Post
    Final bit of thought. Does carrying a gun mean you automatically survive a life threatening situation?

You been reading my posts?

I've said this for some time here, and to strangers, carrying a gun DOES NOT MAKE ONE SAFE, PERIOD

Carrying a gun will give one a fighting chance if they are able to use it, which could mean having to fight just to employ it.

And again, YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    As opposed to standing in a corner and doing nothing but bleed out? You bet!

I have a theory most assailants expect no resistance. If one classroom fights back that occupies the assailant longer, providing more time for an armed response or for others to escape.

I have a theory that active shooters would not have been as successful in the past when Americans were taught to fight back instead of cowering helplessly in fear dying while they wait for someone to rescue them.

Look at what a difference in mindset and response made on 9.11
    Again the gun man should be stopped before getting into the school.

What you are saying is that there are acceptable loses in school shootings?

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Again the gun man should be stopped before getting into the school.

What you are saying is that there are acceptable loses in school shootings?
    No, I am saying that doing Something is always better than doing Nothing.

But if you want to stand around waiting for someone to rescue you, be my guest. Just stay the f+++ out of the way of those trying to do something to attack the problem.

As a country we gave to stop teaching the concept that someone else will solve our problems for us.

Your attitude toward this is indicative of our problem.

You are naive to think that one layer of defense may resolve the problem. Multi-layered solutions are the solutions to.problems like this, and involving every able-bodied person in the solution is necessary to maximize the opportunity for success.

To do nothing is to accept everyone as a loss instead of asking some to act in the common defense of many.
    Last edited by chauncey; March 26th, 2018 at 08:23 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast