Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Pa. school district arms teachers, students with buckets of rocks in case of shoo

Question....How old do kids need to be these days to be allowed to throw a rock?

(Erie County)

Default Re: Pa. school district arms teachers, students with buckets of rocks in case of shoo

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Question....How old do kids need to be these days to be allowed to throw a rock?
    ... or to even possess.

Question posed in California;

Is it legal for me to carry rocks in my pockets in California as a defensive weapon?

I have been practicing throwing fist sized rocks for several years at tin can targets. I have a deadly aim and can strike with great force at 25 feet away. I want to carry 3 rocks in each of my coat pockets for personal defense in California. I have read the California Penal Code, and I do not see where it makes it illegal to do so, What is your educated legal opinion of doing this? Thanks!
    https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i...n-1695645.html

Then there was this case of self defense, but the judge wasn't buying it;

Mark Shock says he was finishing up a flight on Aug. 30 when Martina Wlodarski hurled a stone and hit the remote-controlled aircraft.

"It was completely out of control," said Shock. "Had I not actually gotten hold of it, it could have gone anywhere."

A video shows the drone going haywire after being hit. Shock says two blades flew off and nearly hit him in the face.

Wlodarski says she was frightened by the 3.5-pound aircraft and acted in self-defense.

"These things are like weed-whackers coming at you," she said. "You don't want to be anywhere near it. It just scared me."

Criminal mischief charges were dropped Monday as the neighbors agreed that Wlodarski would pay Shock restitution.
    http://www.wtae.com/article/springda...rone-1/7475581

I could see legislation down the road in PA, regulating the possession and use of rocks and stones if this catches on.

Already envisioning a new forum - PA Rock Owners Association.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Armstrong County)

Can kids bring their own "reloads" from home?
    Are hollow point rocks allowed? You know, the kind that completely explode inside the body the same way normal hollow point bullets do.

Can you use HE rocks with out being classified as a Destructive Device here in PA?
    Drill a hole in, fill it with some 2F, and glue a shotgun primer over the hole.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Monroe County)

We have the most basass memberships I've ever seen. Districts are bound by a variety of restrictions so Blue Mountain trains and arms a number of employees. The decides rather than have students just play dead and wait for slaughter they will make a last ditch efffort and our badass membership laughs at that.

(Bucks County)

What happens if the bad guy decides to choose paper?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    What happens if the bad guy decides to choose paper?
    Then you pick scissors.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    We have the most basass memberships I've ever seen. Districts are bound by a variety of restrictions so Blue Mountain trains and arms a number of employees. The decides rather than have students just play dead and wait for slaughter they will make a last ditch efffort and our badass membership laughs at that.
    I agree. Changing mindset from helpless victim to attempt self defense is a step in the right direction. Good for them.

(Wayne County)

Better than nothing.

But also look at it this way...eons ago, rocks and spears were the weapons of choice for hunting and warring...talk about de-evolving as a society...back to the cave man days and maybe in a couple thousand years the Chinese will re-invent gun powder...

(Westmoreland County)

"Drop your weapon, we have rocks!" Somehow this does not seem to be a very effective plan....
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin Inhabitant View Post
    "Drop your weapon, we have rocks!" Somehow this does not seem to be a very effective plan....
    You would rather they yell, "HANDS, HANDS, LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post

We have the most basass memberships I've ever seen.

Recognized!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast