Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default GOA ALERT 3-23-2018 12:40PM TWEET & CALL TRUMP RIGHT NOW VETO ANTI GUN OMNIBUS BILL

GOA ALERT 3-23-2018 12:40PM TWEET & CALL TRUMP RIGHT NOW VETO ANTI GUN OMNIBUS BILL

https://twitter.com/GunOwners
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT 3-23-2018 12:40PM TWEET & CALL TRUMP RIGHT NOW VETO ANTI GUN OMNIBUS BI

@realDonaldTrump @GunOwners I AGREE WITH THE GOA. PLEASE VETO THE ANTI GUN OMNIBUS SPENDING BILL #vetothebill #gunowners

CALL TRUMP 202-456-1111 or 202-456-1414

TELL HIM YOU AGREE WITH THE GOA, AND TO PLEASE VETO THE OMNIBUS SPENDING BILL.

The phone lines are ringing off the hook.
    Trump has said he may veto the bill for the Border Wall and other spending that was omitted.
    We can add our Pro Gun reasons to Trump's decision.

CALL him now.

TWEET him now.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT 3-23-2018 12:40PM TWEET & CALL TRUMP RIGHT NOW VETO ANTI GUN OMNIBUS BI

What happens when you do call. Do you leave a message, have a secretary write down your opinion, or do you actually talk to POTUS(unlikely).

Gonna call once I wake up a bit more. What are the differences in the two numbers?

(Washington County)

Well, he signed it. What was in it that set GOA off? I didn't get the email.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Well, he signed it. What was in it that set GOA off? I didn't get the email.
    If I'm not mistaken they snuck the FixNICS bill in to itwhich the GOA opposed, I believe their position is that we now have NO leverage for obtaining nationwide concealed carry.

I tried a couple times to dial the numbers, and kept getting busy signal.

*not too many people seem to give a shit, they thought we were going to get some compromise. Trade this, trade that wish in one hand and shit in the other
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; March 23rd, 2018 at 03:06 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Montgomery County)

The Republicans had promised that Fix NICS would only be attached to Concealed Carry Reciprocity and not presented as a stand alone bill.
    This would have prevented Fix NICS from passing since the Liberal Democrats want to prevent Concealed Carry Reciprocity.
    They lied and stripped away Concealed Carry Reciprocity and then slipped Fix NICS into the twenty two hundred page Omnibus Bill hoping nobody would notice.

There is also no provision in the Omnibus Bill for armed school protection of any kind, faculty, police, or otherwise.
    There is also funding for anti-gun "research" that we have seen used in the past as a publicly funded political tool to justify gun control.

I don't know if the bump stock ban made it into the bill or not.
    Nobody knows, since nobody had time to read the bill that was finalized less than 24 hours before it was passed.

The Republicans fucked us.
    The question is what are we going to do about it.

Allowing Democrats to retake the House and Senate is just a recipe for an even bigger disaster that will inevitably lead to New Jersey style national gun control.
    The only real option we have is to reignite the Tea Party as a grass roots pro-gun movement, and offer up fresh Constitutional Conservative candidates to replace the Republicans in power.

This requires work, time, dedication, money, and most of all, people that give a shit.
    This forum is a perfect platform for that kind of pro-gun Constitutional Conservative activism.
    This is really the only reason I am a paying member of PAFOA.

It's time to shit or get off the pot.
    We need to present our own grass roots pro-gun Conservative candidates, and we need to start doing it right now.
    Waiting for the election and then complaining that there are no good candidates on the ballot is bullshit.

If there are no acceptable pro-gun Conservative candidates in the coming elections, we have only ourselves to blame.
    We are men and women of intelligence, ability, and means (minus our anti-gun trolls).
    We have absolutely no excuse whatsoever to continue to allow the destruction of our Constitutional Rights.

Feel free to send me a message if you want to stop complaining, and want to start putting in the effort required to solve the problem of our own making.
    The alternative is to continue to allow our country to devolve into tyranny or civil war.
    Last edited by Berncly; March 24th, 2018 at 02:51 AM. Reason: 22 hundred not 22 thousand page bill

(Wyoming County)

Not so fast, haven't heard a peep out of the NRA, what WAS their position on the Omnibus. Hard to blame a republican politician when the Largest Gun Lobby in America is giving you the wink and nod.

Anybody know?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

It saddens me greatly that the republicans lead poorly when given the chance to lead and complain loudly when they lose their majority to lead. It is a rather well kept secret that they unanimously passed an obamacare repeal in 2015 knowing full well that obama would veto it, but you would never know after that nonsense last year.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    It saddens me greatly that the republicans lead poorly when given the chance to lead and complain loudly when they lose their majority to lead. It is a rather well kept secret that they unanimously passed an obamacare repeal in 2015 knowing full well that obama would veto it, but you would never know after that nonsense last year.
    That is not a secret.
    Many of us watched it play out in real time.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Because the republicans have no desire to win. They want to be the permanent minority party so they can still reap the benefits of being in government without having to give us uneducated yokels anything they promise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast