Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Citi Group sets restrictions on gun sales

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I forget what the proper term is for the credit card processing company that merchants use, but I doubt very few (FFL's) if any use "Citi Group". There are already very few of these companies that allow firearms sales.

Many of you already know that PayPal prohibits it. I happened to choose a company called "EMS+" because they specifically allowed it and they required no contract on my part. The down side was my per transaction fee of ~3+%

As already mentioned - the prohibition is on the vendor side not on the customer's side.
    Little thread jack but how do you like them? I've gotten their offers and I was thinking of signing up.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Indiana County)

Use the card to get a cash advance to buy whatever.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    This has turned into a very disturbing trend. Soon if we refuse to do business with any of these anti gun establishments - we may be growing our own food, making our own clothing, living off the grid because its coming from all sides !! Every place i used to shop is getting into the game even now my credit card company !

Sounds like an opportunity to start some business that do help with RTKBA.

One of the most powerful things we have is our money. Spend wisely or you may just be contributing to our demise.

Every dollar you spend at dicks, on some movie, or something else you will be fighting yourself.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    IMO the CC company has no Idea what you are buying. They are blowing smoke. Its a warm and fuzzy feel good for the left. I could spend 10K at Cabela's and the CC company wouldn't have a clue if I bought guns or a boat. I don't use citi bank but it means nothing to me.

you understand meta data right?

All of your information is being bought and sold. inventory is being done through electronic purchases. No granted they may or may not know if you bought a lighter for a BBQ, but then again depending on the electronic system they might.

From the store side they know what type of credit card was used, how much, and what items. ( for fact I know this even on small store scale.)

Does Citi pay or add a discount for stores who pass off that marketing info? I don't know . Does citi offer insurance on items?

(Erie County)

Funny thing is, AFA firearms are concerned, FFLs have to follow the rules already in place.

So Citi stating buyers have to pass a background check, sure FFLs already know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Funny thing is, AFA firearms are concerned, FFLs have to follow the rules already in place.

So Citi stating buyers have to pass a background check, sure FFLs already know that.
    That was a deceptive lie intentionally dropped in there by Citigroup to support the lefty propaganda that background checks are not universally required.

Other banks are going to follow suit. This is intended to marginalize and demonize supporters of the Second Amendment. It is intended to make us and the merchants we patronize appear evil and routinely engaged in dangerous behavior. I do not have a Citi card. If I did, I would cancel it. I canceled my NRA card after the Bank of Omaha stabbed us in the back.

(Berks County)

IMO the CC company has no Idea what you are buying. They are blowing smoke. Its a warm and fuzzy feel good for the left. I could spend 10K at Cabela's and the CC company wouldn't have a clue if I bought guns or a boat. I don't use citi bank but it means nothing to me.
    If I got it correctly this addressed only companies that only sell firearms and ammo. Such a small niche of business that it's ludicrous...that's if I got it correctly.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Little thread jack but how do you like them? I've gotten their offers and I was thinking of signing up.
    I use them so infrequently that I just checked and my account is locked due to inactivity. Getting set up with them was easy - I had to provide a copy of my FFL and sales tax cert(IIRC).
    They then sent me a free card reader to use with my mobile phone (used once) and they have a web portal to run "non-swiped" transactions. I stress that I chose them because of no contract. Their website: https://plusbyems.com/

*You have to be cautious as there are at least 3 different vendors using the "EMS" name. One is (or was) listed with the NRA Business Alliance and is a contract service with monthly minimums(IIRC)
    This may be the one you get solicitations from as do I, but they are not who I chose. If you have enough sales to support the fees they may be the better bet?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    you understand meta data right?

All of your information is being bought and sold. inventory is being done through electronic purchases. No granted they may or may not know if you bought a lighter for a BBQ, but then again depending on the electronic system they might.

From the store side they know what type of credit card was used, how much, and what items. ( for fact I know this even on small store scale.)

Does Citi pay or add a discount for stores who pass off that marketing info? I don't know . Does citi offer insurance on items?
    I know that almost everything is electronically tracked. That is why cash is still king.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If I got it correctly this addressed only companies that only sell firearms and ammo. Such a small niche of business that it's ludicrous...that's if I got it correctly.
    Maybe it is just from the business side. I still dont see how citi would know if the buyer is over 21 or the other stuff. I see it as a warm and fuzzy.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Maybe it is just from the business side. I still dont see how citi would know if the buyer is over 21 or the other stuff. I see it as a warm and fuzzy.
    I was wondering about that one too.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast