Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Citi Group sets restrictions on gun sales

Citigroup caved to the commies. According to the article below Citi bank has new restriction when it comes to firearms sales.

Citi said it will require those clients only sell firearms to customers who have passed a background check, restrict sales of firearms for people under 21 years of age, and not sell so-called "bump stocks" or high-capacity magazines.
    Of course the CEO Michael Corbat is said to be an avid Outdoorsman and a gun owner.

Corbat, who called himself "an avid outdoorsman and responsible gun owner," said Citi also will start talks with other finance companies to see what other steps could be taken to improve gun safety, such as with new technologies. It will also speak with clients that make guns, though the bank has few such relationships, he said.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/citi-seek...0--sector.html

(Berks County)

Default Re: Citi Group sets restrictions on gun sales

I shit canned Citibank about 20 years ago for reasons that I forget now. There are better banks out there anyway.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Monroe County)

How are they going to do this exactly?

Corbat is spineless bluetwatwaffle
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Philadelphia County)

They want to control your money and what you spend it on....fuck em.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

The article doesn't specifically say, as far as I can tell...but I gotta think it is talking about merchants with merchant service provided through Citi, not people who take Citi-branded Visa cards.

I say this because a credit card company doesn't necessarily have any idea what items are being purchased. I never transmitted such info ANYWHERE, let alone to the card company when I swiped the card. If a customer with a Citi-branded card comes in and buys something, all Citi knows is when and how much. For Citi to do what is is talking about at the card level, it would have to contact every single place that takes credit cards. That doesn't make sense. Alternatively, it would have to block all of its cards from being used at specific retailers - knowing - in advance - what the policies of those retailers are. That doesn't make a lot of sense either.

The key is in the phrase, "transition their business away from Citi." Makes no sense if you're talking about a business that just takes a customer's Citi card. But if you're talking merchant services...meh...OK. But how many places are dealing directly with Citi anyway?

At the end of the day, this is just more "virtue signaling" than anything else. The signal is, "Citi is a bunch of fucktards." Message received, thanks, Citi!

(Montgomery County)

They are more or less just reinstating Obama's Operation Choke Point on their own initiative.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

IDK how many cards these days are citi bank (group), but i know I would be shredding it now and mailing it back to them.
    Hopefully there will be sufficient backlash.

I know I ditched my citi card 20 years ago when they wanted to charge me an annual fee for the luxury of having it in my wallet.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    The article doesn't specifically say, as far as I can tell...but I gotta think it is talking about merchants with merchant service provided through Citi, not people who take Citi-branded Visa cards.

I say this because a credit card company doesn't necessarily have any idea what items are being purchased. I never transmitted such info ANYWHERE, let alone to the card company when I swiped the card. If a customer with a Citi-branded card comes in and buys something, all Citi knows is when and how much. For Citi to do what is is talking about at the card level, it would have to contact every single place that takes credit cards. That doesn't make sense. Alternatively, it would have to block all of its cards from being used at specific retailers - knowing - in advance - what the policies of those retailers are. That doesn't make a lot of sense either.

The key is in the phrase, "transition their business away from Citi." Makes no sense if you're talking about a business that just takes a customer's Citi card. But if you're talking merchant services...meh...OK. But how many places are dealing directly with Citi anyway?

At the end of the day, this is just more "virtue signaling" than anything else. The signal is, "Citi is a bunch of fucktards." Message received, thanks, Citi!
    I was wondering the same thing myself. I get the impression that as of right now it's "hip" for corporations to be promoting gun control, therefore CITI is doing their 2 cents, the media reports on their pro active gun control measures and they make peace with the gun control fanatics.

(Allegheny County)

Uh oh...... i use a citi card.......

(Wyoming County)

I forget what the proper term is for the credit card processing company that merchants use, but I doubt very few (FFL's) if any use "Citi Group". There are already very few of these companies that allow firearms sales.

Many of you already know that PayPal prohibits it. I happened to choose a company called "EMS+" because they specifically allowed it and they required no contract on my part. The down side was my per transaction fee of ~3+%

As already mentioned - the prohibition is on the vendor side not on the customer's side.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast