Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Question for 1911 lovers

I too have been in the market for a 1911 which will be a new platform for my collection. Any quick or brief insight as to Springfield TRP vs Colt CQB M45A1 vs Sig Spartan vs just getting the Remington Enhanced( as a lower price point option for a 1911 novice entry level option). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy5d View Post
    I too have been in the market for a 1911 which will be a new platform for my collection. Any quick or brief insight as to Springfield TRP vs Colt CQB M45A1 vs Sig Spartan vs just getting the Remington Enhanced( as a lower price point option for a 1911 novice entry level option). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I am happy as can be with my Ruger SR1911 in 45 ACP. As soon as funds allow will be getting one in 10MM.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    If I had to choose the two I would pick sig hands down.
    If you can, try and find a used Springfield operator 1911. I have one and it's a perfectly made 1911 and the prices are within your original range
    I agree with this. I have a Range officer .45 with the rail I got for $899 and it's been great.

Sprigfield TRP!!! the colt CQB is just a colt rail gun in FDE for $2000, I can't speak to the Sig Spartan but I'm not a huge Sig guy and the Rem....well just no

if you’re going to spend upwards of $2000 on a 1911, I’d suggest looking into the custom/semi-custom manufacturers. Just my 2¢...

TRP all the way. My wife has had one for a few years. It's one of the best bargains as far as features to price is concerned. Speaking of which, if you're looking for a deal, Tanner's had one in the used case on Saturday for $1099, I believe.

(Monroe County)

Out of those choices get the Springfield, if you aren't holding a grudge for their political blunder. Colt is overpriced and quality control has been hit or miss. If your looking to spend that kind of money i would look at Dan Wesson or do some shopping around for a les baer. If your serious about spending 2K for a 1911 do some more research, there are plenty of better choices out there. 1911forum.com has a lot of good information.

(Elk County)

Buy what suits you best. I would shoot as many as you can to see which one fits you the best. I have 3 Sig 1911's and love them. They shoot well and eat anything I feed them. I dont have and haven't shot a Remington since I was in the Navy. Sig certainly has the quality and fit IMHO. Only you can determine which is best for you. Lots of 1911's out there so it really depends on what you want. Weight, sights, grips, mag capacity and concealability are all concerns. My CC is a Kimber 1911 with a 3" barrel. Great little piece. Other CC choice is my Sig C3 with a 4.2" barrel. Lots of replacement parts and upgrades available for 1911. For me I look at quality vs cost. Do you really get twice the quality for twice the price? I run my Sig STX for IDPA. Never a hiccup using reloads or factory ammo. Run couple hundred rounds a month through it. It weighs in at 41 ounces with the 5" barrel. Hard to conceal for my built and heavy on the belt. C3 is 29 ounces and Kimber is 25 ounces. If you like to shoot a lot no one 1911 is perfect at least for me. You can read all the opinions and forums in the world and the bottom line is what you want that you can afford and feels the best for you. Good luck with your choice and enjoy it!!! 1911's IMHO are addictive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123