Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: EXTAR EP9 - 9mm AR-ish pistol

Video must have been made when shoulder firing a pistol set up with brace was "illegal" - lol. Hopefully it stays "legal" for the foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Interesting. Good thing he didn't shoulder that brace in the video... LOL. Let us know how you like it.

Cb
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

I'm signed up to be notified when the 45ACP is ready for sale.

Not that I can afford anything at this time, but if I could, I'm still debating the merits of 45 vs 9mm.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Franklin County)

Greetings folks, I have been looking at this and it is really an interesting firearm.. I read the manual, and it mentions refraining from using lubricants on it, and running it dry... can anyone pass on any info about this? sounds a bit odd.... also, in looking at the lack of a feed ramp, I wonder about running HP ammo, has anyone done that, and does it feed ok?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    Greetings folks, I have been looking at this and it is really an interesting firearm.. I read the manual, and it mentions refraining from using lubricants on it, and running it dry... can anyone pass on any info about this? sounds a bit odd.... also, in looking at the lack of a feed ramp, I wonder about running HP ammo, has anyone done that, and does it feed ok?
    I have a little over a 1000 rounds through mine. Cleaned without lubricant and it runs just fine. Put a little oil on my bore snake just for the barrel. I have used HP through it with no problem. Fun gun to shoot.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I'd like the option to put a vertical grip on it along with a folding stock. If I cave and do buy one, I'd probably make a stock adapter or find someone that could.
    Hey, I'm new here and quite honestly new to the rifle world. Have a few hand guns all in 9mm and looking for HDW and truck gun. I'm really close to buying the Extar EP9 but really want a folding stock to put in a bag for when I use it as a truck gun. Since I'm new to this, was wondering if a stock adapter would even be possible on this gun? If so, would any gunsmith be able to do it or would a current stock adapter work and I could do it myself. Also, would I then have to register it as an SBR. My understanding is no but again, I am new to all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think if it's easily doable I will definitely buy it.

(Allegheny County)

The foldy part is tricky because it uses a buffer tube and buffer.
    I know adapters exist for AR15s, but once folded, you can't fire it because you need the buffer tube to be in place.

Not sure if one could be rigged to work with this.

(Bucks County)

interesting....wonder if this or a PSA 9mm...
    Last edited by Pag23; August 16th, 2018 at 07:43 PM.

I appreciate the quick response. I have seen the YouTube videos where they use the adapter for the AR-15's and they're pretty slick. You just have to know that you can't fire the AR-15 until the stock has been snapped back into place from the folding position. I keep hearing that this ep9 has a proprietary tube and if I understand that right what that means is it's a different diameter tube than most. Am I correct on that? If that's the case then as long as someone can build an adapter that's the same size as the tube I would think that it would work but I don't know that for sure.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gflinders View Post
    I appreciate the quick response. I have seen the YouTube videos where they use the adapter for the AR-15's and they're pretty slick. You just have to know that you can't fire the AR-15 until the stock has been snapped back into place from the folding position. I keep hearing that this ep9 has a proprietary tube and if I understand that right what that means is it's a different diameter tube than most. Am I correct on that? If that's the case then as long as someone can build an adapter that's the same size as the tube I would think that it would work but I don't know that for sure.
    The tube is the same from what I recall, but the attachment method is completely different since the Extar doesn't use a castle nut to hold the tube in place.

Gotcha, so if it's where it attaches that sounds like it's definitely going to make it more difficult. Thanks

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast