Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: EXTAR EP9 - 9mm AR-ish pistol

Oh wow! These come in 10mm and 45 ACP as well as 9mm!!!

I'm really interested in this because of the price - and now because I could have a 45ACP "AR" for dirt cheap.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Curious to know if this can be converted to a standard buffer tube and sbr'd. I reached out to Extar a few weeks ago and they made it clear as mud, as in "we don't want our guns to be mistaken for ARs". Guess they think that if another ban occurs, their not-EBR will be spared the fate of the AR.

It looks like the buffer tube is proprietary. Wonder if an adapter could be fashioned to allow it to take an AR stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Curious to know if this can be converted to a standard buffer tube and sbr'd. I reached out to Extar a few weeks ago and they made it clear as mud, as in "we don't want our guns to be mistaken for ARs". Guess they think that if another ban occurs, their not-EBR will be spared the fate of the AR.

It looks like the buffer tube is proprietary. Wonder if an adapter could be fashioned to allow it to take an AR stock.
    From what I have read in youtube comments the answer is no. Only parts that are compatible at this time are grips and some trigger components. I’m thinking this was intentionally done to make it NOT AR like. However it’s black and shoots bullets out of 30 round mags so if that was their intention they failed.

Personally looks wise it’s way to much plastic for me. So far they appear to be reliable but I haven’t seen a single review that has gone past a few hundred rounds.

(Delaware County)

Just picked mine up today. It is very light and feels good in my hands. Laser sighted ot in to my red dot. Will give ya an update tomorrow on how it shoots.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    From what I have read in youtube comments the answer is no. Only parts that are compatible at this time are grips and some trigger components. I’m thinking this was intentionally done to make it NOT AR like. However it’s black and shoots bullets out of 30 round mags so if that was their intention they failed.

Personally looks wise it’s way to much plastic for me. So far they appear to be reliable but I haven’t seen a single review that has gone past a few hundred rounds.
    I got the same impression from their customer service folks. It's a shame because I'd buy the 45 and 10mm version if I could submit the forms and SBR them. The 45 version with a can would make a great HD gun. In its current state I guess it could still, but I'd like the option to put a vertical grip on it along with a folding stock. If I cave and do buy one, I'd probably make a stock adapter or find someone that could.

(Allegheny County)

I keep watching the limited number of videos I can find and now I'm trying to decide what gun I can sell to get one of these.

Unless some design failure crops up once these have a few thousand rounds through them, I can see no reason to build an AR15 in pistol caliber - ever again.
    Well, there are a few reasons, but most I can think of are based on "customization", as these don't allow you to pick and choose every single aspect of the gun as you build it. I think the hand guard looks horrible and there isn't much you can do about it.
    That said, for the price, you learn to accept the little things you don't care for.

I'm determined to get one of these. Now I need to determine if I want it in 9mm or 45ACP. (I submitted my email address to be notified when the 45 is released)

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I keep watching the limited number of videos I can find and now I'm trying to decide what gun I can sell to get one of these.
    Absolute Sacrilege LOL
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

I wouldn't rush too fast to get one of these just yet since it's yet to prove itself for the long haul unlike the AR but that's just me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Absolute Sacrilege LOL
    I know. That's the only way it can happen though.
    Problem is, I'm down to all guns I don't want to part with.

My nickel plated RIA 1911 is the least practical of the bunch, but I'm not sure I want to sell it.

(Washington County)

These look neat. It’s ugly but I like it. I just can’t justify more then 1 pistol calibers “pistol” and I already have a CZ Scorpion that I love.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast