Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: EXTAR EP9 - 9mm AR-ish pistol

the owners probably bought jetskis or race horses with any profit from the EP-9 instead of re-investing in another run.

I know the 5.56 version had several design changes so they may be dealing with tooling costs or factory delays.

extar is a small company, they have no national distribution & other than second hand, no one else sells their product.
    Last edited by mixednuts; November 10th, 2018 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
    the owners probably bought jetskis or race horses with any profit from the EP-9 instead of re-investing in another run.

I know the 5.56 version had several design changes so they may be dealing with tooling costs or factory delays.

extar is a small company, they have no national distribution & other than second hand, no one else sells their product.
    For the life of me I can never figure out why these new small start up’s bite off way more then they can chew. Come out with ONE good product that works like it should and produce enough of them at a high standard of QC and make a name for yourself. Any new offerings over the next couple of years should be the same product in different calibers with some small tweeks based on the wishes of your customer base.

Instead they go from pistol to rifle calibers without a proper design that requires all of their production time and in the meantime sell nothing. People get tired of waiting and spend their money elsewhere on one of the 50 other similar offerings by other vendors.

(Delaware County)

Got an Email from them today. They said that have switched more production to the .45 version and have yet to catch up for all the pre orders. Said that all models should be available by the end of Jan.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Got an Email from them today. They said that have switched more production to the .45 version and have yet to catch up for all the pre orders. Said that all models should be available by the end of Jan.
    That’s a lot of missed Christmas season cheddar.

(Allegheny County)

I emailed and asked to get a notification when they had inventory on hand.
    They responded "It is not practical for us to notify potential customers or create a wait list due to the sheer volume of inquiries and the speed that each batch sells out currently. " "Currently batches are usually put into stock about 5:00 pm Arizona time, on days they are able to be added."

I looked back at 5p Arizona time the following day and they had them in stock.
    I managed to order one a few days ago, i will see what happens...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    For the life of me I can never figure out why these new small start up’s bite off way more then they can chew.

Instead they go from pistol to rifle calibers without a proper design that requires all of their production time and in the meantime sell nothing.
    technically they went from rifle caliber to pistol, the original was like a kel tec plr-16, piston operated side charger.

Quote Originally Posted by funinpgh View Post
    "It is not practical for us to notify potential customers or create a wait list due to the sheer volume of inquiries and the speed that each batch sells out currently. "
    doesn't really sound like a company I can support, especially with AR parts as cheap as they are currently. good luck though!

technically they went from rifle caliber to pistol, the original was like a kel tec plr-16, piston operated side charger.

doesn't really sound like a company I can support, especially with AR parts as cheap as they are currently. good luck though!
    The 556 are DI not piston.

(Allegheny County)

Sounds like a small company that's honest and practical and doing the best they can to keep up with what they likey never expected.

Hoping to have some money to buy once these start hitting the classifieds.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Sounds like a small company that's honest and practical and doing the best they can to keep up with what they likey never expected.

Hoping to have some money to buy once these start hitting the classifieds.
    I haven't shot mine with HP rounds yet...hopefully next time at the range...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    I haven't shot mine with HP rounds yet...hopefully next time at the range...
    How hard do you think it would be to swap out that handguard?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast