Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Any long ranges near south eastern pa?

Quote Originally Posted by Trvrdgr1234 View Post
    I don't know in my humble opinion it just seems alil uptight to me .... I mean what crime is someone really guna commit at a rifle range
    I don't think so, I don't like hanging out with hoodlums and tolerating their bad behavior. Then they have friends that they bring along who are just as bad or worse.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Schuylkill County)

There is a 200 Yd range in Pine Grove (Southern Schuylkill Co) off Rt 81 exit 104
    Membership required. Also by vote of the members.
    http://www.tulprpc.org/page1.php

(Lancaster County)

There is Penn Dutch Sportsmen's (400 yards ) and New Holland Rod and Gun (600 yards) in Eastern Lancaster County

http://www.penndutchsportsmen.com/index.html

http://www.nhrpc.org/

New Holland membership is closed and they are quite pricey

You can also go to State Game Lands #141 range ( 300 yards ) just North of Jim Thorpe on Rt 93 on top of the mountain, need a current Hunting License or range permit available through the PGC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I don't think so, I don't like hanging out with hoodlums and tolerating their bad behavior. Then they have friends that they bring along who are just as bad or worse.
    I completely understand your point, my only thing is that especially now with the political scene being how it is everyone who wants to learn how to be proficient and practice there 2nd amendment should do it

Not trying to make some huge point here because I know there are 25 yard public ranges to go to but it's just a thought

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    There is Penn Dutch Sportsmen's (400 yards ) and New Holland Rod and Gun (600 yards) in Eastern Lancaster County

http://www.penndutchsportsmen.com/index.html

http://www.nhrpc.org/

New Holland membership is closed and they are quite pricey

You can also go to State Game Lands #141 range ( 300 yards ) just North of Jim Thorpe on Rt 93 on top of the mountain, need a current Hunting License or range permit available through the PGC
    Yeah I'm thinking of applying to penndutch I wounder if they have a waiting list

I'll have to check out 141 never been to a state range it's far from me but I can hit it on the way to our cabin sometime

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Trvrdgr1234 View Post
    I don't know in my humble opinion it just seems alil uptight to me .... I mean what crime is someone really guna commit at a rifle range
    I take it you’re not a member at a club. Things get shot up that shouldn’t be shot up. Rules get broken. Safety rules ignored. I’ve seen many things in my time as a club member and match director.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I take it you’re not a member at a club. Things get shot up that shouldn’t be shot up. Rules get broken. Safety rules ignored. I’ve seen many things in my time as a club member and match director.
    I'm at holmesburg but I really only go to shoot trap/skeet i haven't really noticed anything to bad usually if so.eone does something really unsafe there a non member and not experienced at shooting claybirds

Don't get me wrong I agree with what your saying you can't have peolpe being unsafe and I thinks clubs should have a system to evict peolpe who habitually break the rules I just never herd of a club do a background check before

(Lackawanna County)

You’ll be amazed what you’ll see when you get outside of that. MGM poppers and steel with bullet holes and divots because someone shot it with a rifle from 10 yards away. And not just once. Multiple times

(Berks County)

NathanB has some good points and they are just the tip of the iceberg. I help out on work Saturdays when I can and we fix what gets shot up during the month. I'm not a great shot but I don't blow the verticals out of the back boards. The permanent backboards have to have the tops of the posts cut on an angle or members use them for target stands for fun shit to shoot at. We're allowed to shoot at shit but it is to be placed properly and debris carried away at the end of the shoot. Rules here are pretty strict, no alcohol on the premises, show membership card to anyone who requests it and get caught breaking the rules and your membership gets reviewed and can be revoked. I don't mind any of rules.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Bumping this as I'm looking to join a good rifle club nearby. University seems closest to me so far so I'll probably get in touch with them. If anyone knows any other clubs with ranges out past 100 yards that are closer to my neck of the woods please share.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast