Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Rendell Budget Speech Draws Cross-Hairs on Gun Owners

Rendell Budget Speech Draws Cross-Hairs on Gun Owners
    In his recent budget address, Governor Rendell focused direct attention on his long held goal of attacking gun owner’s rights. His statements covered the following:
    And while it is not a formal part of the Prescription for Pennsylvania, any serious effort to improve the health and safety of our fellow citizens must also include a comprehensive effort to address the epidemic of gun violence that is occurring
    throughout the Commonwealth. Just last week, the front page of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported, "Pa.'s black homicide victim rate leads nation." A new report from the Violence Policy Center in Washington revealed that Pennsylvania's homicide rate among African-Americans is more than one and one-half times the national average, and that nearly 86 percent of these homicides involved handguns.
    Gun violence is not just a Pittsburgh problem, or a Philadelphia problem. In fact, in 2005, the rate of gun violence rose twice as fast in the rest of the state than it did in Allegheny and Philadelphia Counties. Gun violence is destroying the sense of community that connects us all. Ladies and gentlemen, is this the way we want to lead the nation? As a national homicide headline?
    As Governor, I have attacked the problem of gun violence on several fronts. Together, we have increased state funding to support the efforts of local police departments and law enforcement agencies to fight violence in our cities, with a particular focus on cities dealing with rising gun violence. We have also dramatically increased resources in public education, helping young people understand the consequences of violence and the need to make better choices.
    But we must do more. I urge the General Assembly to address the issue of gun violence in the following ways: first, by upgrading possession of a stolen gun to a felony, so that the penalties can be significantly upgraded. Today, the penalty for possession of a stolen television is more severe than the penalty for possession of a stolen gun. Second, I urge passage of legislation making it mandatory to report the loss or theft of a gun to police, which will have a dramatic impact on illegal gun trafficking in Pennsylvania. We require you to report the theft of a car; we should do no less for the theft of a gun. Third, I will support legislation that enables local communities to enact their own restrictions on the flow, distribution and use of handguns. Fourth, it is time for this state to end gun trafficking by enacting a one handgun a month law. Such legislation will put a stop to gun runners who sell so many of our crime guns and will put no burden on lawful gun owners who can still purchase 12 handguns a year - or 24 handguns if they are married.
    In a recent column in The Philadelphia Inquirer, an unnamed Pennsylvania legislator said that in a secret ballot the General Assembly would pass one gun a month by a three to one margin. So I call on you to show the courage of your convictions and rid Pennsylvania once and for all of the devastation of gun trafficking.
    If any of us were uncertain about what we would see from a lame duck Rendell administration it should be clear to all right now that we are in for a terrific fight ahead of us.

The above is from the Allegheny County Sportsmen's League website.
    http://www.acslpa.org/

I can NOT comprehend how a gun owner would vote for this man.
    He BARELY even tries to HIDE his agenda. If you think that pleasing your "employer" by voting Democrat or that the empty promise of "pay raises" and lower taxes are more important than your RIGHTS as written by our founders, then you are a sad, sad excuse for an American.

You can LIVE with less money. (TRUST me)
    You don't have much of a LIFE without your RIGHTS! (ask those who have none)
    I've worked w/guys from Lebanon, Russia, Iraq and they ALL say you don't know how fortunate you are to be an American!

OK, I feel better now.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Angry Re: Rendell Budget Speech Draws Cross-Hairs on Gun Owners

I have a better idea there fat eddie. How about if we rid the state of idiotic politicians who like the sound of feel good legislation and like to blame inanimate objects for crimes committed by, wait a minute here, CRIMINALS. What a freaking putz. I've said it before and I'll say it again we need to stop the big city dems because they sure as hell don't represent us!
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Default Re: Rendell Budget Speech Draws Cross-Hairs on Gun Owners

it is time for this state to end gun trafficking by enacting a one handgun a month law. Such legislation will put a stop to gun runners who sell so many of our crime guns and will put no burden on lawful gun owners who can still purchase 12 handguns a year - or 24 handguns if they are married.
    Do you get more if you are a poligamist? Does it help you if you have a mistress? Seeing we pay Mr Rendell's salary, he is our dependent.. Can we deduct him from our tax? And as he is over 21, can we purchase 12 more guns under his name?

Here goes an other one some one needs to buy a NRA gift card for. Completely legal to buy a one year membership card for any one else, and just think how well the media would think of him being a paid up member of the largest RKBA group in America!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Delaware County)

Talking Re: Rendell Budget Speech Draws Cross-Hairs on Gun Owners

I say we hang a philly hoagie in front of him and he will do what ever we wish just to eat the hoagie!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    I say we hang a philly hoagie in front of him and he will do what ever we wish just to eat the hoagie!
    LOL!!!

I can picture his eyes closed tight with a HUGE smile on that Fred Flintstone-stubbled mug of his, just sniffing in the aroma... not another care in the world!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    Nope, sorry, he's a cheesesteak guy. I heard that when he comes to town to do the sports shows, won't talk politics like we're paying him to but that is another thread, he actually has the driver go past either Geno's or Pat's so that he can have one for the ride home.

(Berks County)

Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but I have a question:

Did Fat Eddie even bother to talk about the BUDGET in his Budget Speech? It sure doesn't seem like it from those comments...
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but I have a question:

Did Fat Eddie even bother to talk about the BUDGET in his Budget Speech? It sure doesn't seem like it from those comments...

WHat you mean there was a budget too?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Berks County)

It is situations and times like this when I'm thrilled that my state senator, Rafferty, is VERY pro 2A, sect. 21. I have never received such a pithy letter from an elected official before I got the one liner from him. Very much the type of guy that we want to support when we have the opportunity.

(Allegheny County)

Life is valuable.

Ed's gonna save lives. (Ban Gunz)

thus, saving lives equals saving money.

or sumpthin' like dat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast