Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: MDA: Senate Bill 501 "domestic abusers must turn in guns" near vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    Rep Miccarelli, and in his case the protection order was for something that allegedly happened in 2012. The part I find most concerning, is that someone can petition the court for a PFA over an incident that is approximately 6 years old. Seems ripe for abuse of the process.
    Sucks that they can do that. What took his girlfriend so long, the right moment? No fury like a woman scorned.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: MDA: Senate Bill 501 "domestic abusers must turn in guns" near vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Sucks that they can do that. What took his girlfriend so long, the right moment? No fury like a woman scorned.
    Scorned? Maybe, but I hear all sorts of horror stories of women using a PFA or a threat of PFA to coerce and control men in this state. There is nothing in the law that encourages women to behave well, especially in divorce. So they use PFAs to get money, cars, houses, businesses, goods, etc. out of men. I've actually seen the letters seen from attorneys in PA to men, saying they will drop the PFA if they agree to not see their children, pay XYZ every month, turn over the cars, so on. Couldn't believe it first time I saw one of these and subsequent research uncovered this is a common practice.

I believe a law needs to passed prohibiting using a PFA or a threat of one to negotiate stuff out of men.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Scorned? Maybe, but I hear all sorts of horror stories of women using a PFA or a threat of PFA to coerce and control men in this state. There is nothing in the law that encourages women to behave well, especially in divorce. So they use PFAs to get money, cars, houses, businesses, goods, etc. out of men. I've actually seen the letters seen from attorneys in PA to men, saying they will drop the PFA if they agree to not see their children, pay XYZ every month, turn over the cars, so on. Couldn't believe it first time I saw one of these and subsequent research uncovered this is a common practice.

I believe a law needs to passed prohibiting using a PFA or a threat of one to negotiate stuff out of men.

She'll decide she's not scared if he walks away from his kids, surrenders the green and turn over property? I wonder why the Courts don't let the people sue in Court for false report of a PFA?

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    She'll decide she's not scared if he walks away from his kids, surrenders the green and turn over property? I wonder why the Courts don't let the people sue in Court for false report of a PFA?
    Yep, I've seen these documents personally and found it's common practice here in PA. I continue to research it as I plan to seek out my reps at some point to change the law and have discussed it off record with law enforcement as well for their take. If it's abuse, it's abuse, fine, but making up a story and then dropping it in exchange for stuff, that's total BS. Again there is no incentive for women to behave well in divorce or breakups so they don't.

I have no problem in saying that due to a lot of this type of stuff, I simply keep women out of my house and business. Happy to date, have fun, vacation, go overseas and have fun, whatever but they don't need access to my property and business affairs. I don't suffer from ONEitus like a lot of men do with all that fawning there is only one woman in the whole wide world for me and there will never be anyone else. I took the red pill a long time ago.

(Bucks County)

It appears that there has to be an active court order or final protective order:

(2) A person who is the subject of an active final protection from abuse order [issued pursuant to 23 Pa.C.S. § 6108 (relating to relief)] described in 23 Pa.C.S. § 6108(b), is the subject of any other active protection from abuse order issued pursuant to 23 Pa.C.S. § 6108 6107(B) (RELATING TO HEARINGS), which [order] provided for the relinquishment of firearms[,] or other weapons or ammunition during the period of time the order is in effect, or is otherwise prohibited from possessing or acquiring a firearm under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(8) (relating to unlawful acts), commits a misdemeanor of the [first]

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...&type=b&bn=501
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12