Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Question about PICS form question 11.C

I know this thread has been done a million times but I wanted to just ask to be safe with all the new gun law changes these days.

To keep this short i had an incident 5 years ago which I wont get into but will list the 2 and only charges on my record.

18 § 2701 §§ A1 M2 Simple Assault - Max of 2.00 Years
    18 § 2705 M2 Recklessly Endangering Another Person

Was sentenced 1 to 23 months in county due to a no show lawyer and was out on parole after 30 days.

Now this has all been done and case closed 5+ years now and i am looking to get a shotgun for hunting.

From researching I should be OK to purchase, my question is on 11.C on the firearm form itself.
    "Have you ever been convicted in any court of a Felony, or any other crime for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation? ( see instructions for Question 11.C )" Yes / NO

instructions say - Question 11.b - 12 - Generally, 18 U.S.C. 922(g) prohibits the shipment, transportation, receipt, or possession in or affecting interstate commerce of a firearm by one who; has been convicted of a felony in any Federal, State, or local court, or any other crime, punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year (((this does not include State misdemeanors punishable by imprisonment of two years or less))) is a fugitive from justice and so on etc...

I am not sure if I am to chose yes or no to this question? Can anyone please advise on this? I would appreciate it greatly.
    Last edited by Corsair19955; March 20th, 2018 at 04:59 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Question about PICS form question 11.C

your charges weren't felonies...I believe M2 is the highest you had. I believe you're screwed on being able to get an LCTF though!

Correct, no felonies, two M2 Misdemeanors.

(Allegheny County)

If you can't pass the LTCF process your not passing a 4473. Same questions...

Felonies actual go for a LTCF process because if they fail they can't get in trouble. If they did a PICS check in a gun store there in violation. I know your not a felon per your post but again applying at the Sheriff is a good start.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

I did not say I was going for a LTCF and from what I read any misdemeanor over a year is a denial for LTCF. Thanks for your response tho.

(Allegheny County)

I know re read what I added.....A LTCF is another way of knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair19955 View Post
    I did not say I was going for a LTCF and from what I read any misdemeanor over a year is a denial for LTCF. Thanks for your response tho.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bowkillpa View Post
    If you can't pass the LTCF process your not passing a 4473. Same questions...
    Not entirely the same. I think that most any sort of drug possession DQ's you from LTCF.
    I'm also thinking that the nature of the crimes would trigger the Character Clause.

(Allegheny County)

I was implying to CHEMICAL

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    your charges weren't felonies...I believe M2 is the highest you had. I believe you're screwed on being able to get an LCTF though!

(Lackawanna County)

Won’t matter as soon as you check that box they should not allow you to proceed iirc if you put no and get denied you’re screwed.

This is what I keep seeing.

20) The term “crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year” does not include—
    (A) any Federal or State offenses pertaining to antitrust violations, unfair trade practices, restraints of trade, or other similar offenses relating to the regulation of business practices, or
    (B) any State offense classified by the laws of the State as a misdemeanor and punishable by a term of imprisonment of two years or less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast