Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Pennsylvania lawmaker unveils package of gun bills

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -

A Pennsylvania lawmaker has introduced legislation that would ban people younger than 21 from buying military-style semiautomatic rifles.

House Bill 2120 would make it illegal to sell or transfer any gun designated as a semiautomatic assault weapon to a person under 21 — unless the person has completed training on the proper use and operation of a semiautomatic weapon.

People younger than 21 would also be banned from buying certain types of semiautomatic shotguns.

State Rep. W. Curtis Thomas (D-Philadelphia) said a companion measure, House Bill 2144, would prevent people with a mental illness from receiving a gun permit and buying firearms.

A third proposal, House Bill 2145, would prohibit the possession, sale, or manufacture of large capacity firearm magazines. The bill also would increase penalties for anyone in possession of a firearm with a large capacity magazine while involved in an act of violence.

A fourth bill in the legislative package, House Bill 2146, calls for the creation of an advisory committee to study the safety and security of Pennsylvania’s public schools.

http://www.mytwintiers.com/news/loca...lls/1061836935
    MikeP

Default Re: Pennsylvania lawmaker unveils package of gun bills

A third proposal, House Bill 2145, would prohibit the possession, sale, or manufacture of large capacity firearm magazines. The bill also would increase penalties for anyone in possession of a firearm with a large capacity magazine while involved in an act of violence.
    So who plans on coming out and collecting them? When they do they better bring a real fat wallet and plan on paying current market prices.

Good luck with your new laws pal.

(Berks County)

Military style? Is that a 45 ACP? 9mm?

Sadly, I have been reading the editorials in the Reading Eagle lately. I have seen at least 2-3 editorials with the line "I am a Korea vet and I see no need..." or "I have been hunting for 500 years and I see no need...." You get the picture.
    Last edited by Gunowner99; March 20th, 2018 at 09:21 AM.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Since when does being a Veteran quality you as a firearms expert? I mean the greater majority of veterans never have seen a moment of combat.

Those hunters are going to change tune real fast when their Browning A5 gets reclassified as an assault shotgun and the excise tax on a new lever action to replace pappys and the Ammo that feeds it more then doubles.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Military style? Is that a 45 ACP? 9mm?

Sadly, I have been reading the editorials in the Reading Eagle lately. I have seen at least 2-3 editorials with the line "I am a Korea vet and I see no need..." or "I have been hunting for 500 years and I see no need...." You get the picture.
    Hello, My name is Elmer Fudd and I'm hunting wabbit, he he he he...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Berks County)

The thing is, I know the type and don't know why there has to be such a divide.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    The thing is, I know the type and don't know why there has to be such a divide.

Like my nasty old 5th grade teacher used to say “Some people are just stuck on stupid’.

(Allegheny County)

House Bill 2120 would make it illegal to sell or transfer any gun designated as a semiautomatic assault weapon to a person under 21 — unless the person has completed training on the proper use and operation of a semiautomatic weapon.
    Can't wait to hear the support for this "compromise" where we give something in order to get further restrictions.

(Philadelphia County)

Some,no,a lot of people just don't like guns and dont think they belong in the hands of the general public.They also apparently have little regard for certain aspects of the constitution. The military and law enforcement does not consist entirely of "gun people".
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

So is this something Fitzpatrick would back?

I know he is a RHINO

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast