Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Recently moved to Pittsburgh, looking for a sponsor for gun club

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I can get from Churchill to Greentree in 20 minutes flat with no traffic. Are you riding your scooter or what? Step on the GAS!
    Are you kidding me? The scooter is ALWAYS faster than my 4-wheeled vehicle (with weather-compatible roads). It is faster AND more agile, and hands-down, the preferred ride, unless I need to carry copious amounts of cargo.

(Lancaster County)

Is PMSC that places that's always trashed and filled with cunty folks?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

The policy to have a sponsor was resurrected a few years ago by the board. It's "idea" was to make perspective members put some effort into become PMSC members, and to help weed out those perspective member that would not be a plus for the club.

You'd be surprised as to how only a few ass-hat members can ruin a good club. PMSC is a private club that has a lot to offer. There has to be a balance between having a strong membership to cover the cost of operations and at the same time keep out undesirables.

Unfortunately, the policy has been loosely enforced.
    Toujours prêt

(York County)

I emailed PMSC earlier today and they seem like they are pretty decent. I think they have some shotgun thing this Saturday open to the public. I'll try to make it, not that big into shotgun personally, I prefer rifle and pistol. If anyone can help me out with the sponsorship thing that would be appreciated. I'm a recent college grad from Penn State and know very few people here. Just picked up a new 1911 the other day and have been wanting to try it out

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DrewPickles View Post
    I emailed PMSC earlier today and they seem like they are pretty decent. I think they have some shotgun thing this Saturday open to the public. I'll try to make it, not that big into shotgun personally, I prefer rifle and pistol. If anyone can help me out with the sponsorship thing that would be appreciated. I'm a recent college grad from Penn State and know very few people here. Just picked up a new 1911 the other day and have been wanting to try it out
    They have trap practice every Saturday that's open to the public. Bring a shotgun, 25-50 rounds of number 7 1/2 or #8 shot. Eyes and ears. It's $3.50 a round (25 birds is a round). Talk to the trap guys, they are friendly enough and may sponsor you. Don't worry if you're not much of a shogun guy, they will help you.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

I live in Ross and belong to ACRC (http://www.acrc1896.org/). They're not accepting members but I go a couple times a week, usually once on a weekday because I can generally have the place to myself and again on Sunday when we shoot trap and then go to the pistol or rifle range. Trap is open to the public if you ever want to try, or you're welcome to come shoot rifles/pistols with me if your weekday schedule allows. The wife and I are both PSU grads BTW.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    They have trap practice every Saturday that's open to the public. Bring a shotgun, 25-50 rounds of number 7 1/2 or #8 shot. Eyes and ears. It's $3.50 a round (25 birds is a round). Talk to the trap guys, they are friendly enough and may sponsor you. Don't worry if you're not much of a shogun guy, they will help you.
    Skeet is at 9, trap is at 10, usually goes until about noon or 1.

I don't mind guesting you in if you want to try other portions of the club. Won't be able to do this Saturday though.

Also, PMSC/PAFOA group shoot is next month. Good way to meet new friends out this way!

(Beaver County)

Ya. What the hell Empty. Group shoot and Bacon Fest next Month at PMSC.

Come on down Drew.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Ya. What the hell Empty. Group shoot and Bacon Fest next Month at PMSC.

Come on down Drew.

What the hell, what? I invited him on page one!

(Beaver County)

If you want to travel away from the city, the closest range in Beaver County, I think, would be Five Points Hunt Club.
    I’m not currently a member though so I can’t really help much beyond that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast