Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Can anyone verify rumor of Sheriff DeLeo's role in LTCF "Laminate-Gate"?

I have uncorroberated information from a reliable source that a few years ago Sheroff DeLeo of Lebanon County was caught up in a small scandal over forcing LTCF applicants to pay extra $ for lamination of their LTCFs and then giving those $ to his wife who did the lamination.

Can anyone confirm or deny this allegation?

Default Re: Can anyone verify rumor of Sheriff DeLeo's role in LTCF "Laminate-Gate"?

I don't know anything about the sheriff doing that, but I do remember my first permit being on paper that was not much heavier than tissue paper, and thinking "this thing needs to be laminated, or it is going to disolve in my wallet". Then they got a clue and started giving them out pre-laminated, then to the credit card style that we have now.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Can anyone verify rumor of Sheriff DeLeo's role in LTCF "Laminate-Gate"?

Statute permits an additional "modernization fee". Some counties to not laminate at all, some offer the option, some give no choice.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have uncorroberated information from a reliable source that a few years ago Sheroff DeLeo of Lebanon County was caught up in a small scandal over forcing LTCF applicants to pay extra $ for lamination of their LTCFs and then giving those $ to his wife who did the lamination.

Can anyone confirm or deny this allegation?
    Nice to see the entrepreneurial spirit has not died in Lebanon Country.

For the record, I'd gladly pay for the lamination and not care that his wife got paid, so long as the department didn't dick me around on getting the darn LTCF in the first place.

But I always was a bit sporty with my money.

(York County)

As to the OP I have no idea. But in York we get them issued laminated.

Dave
    3%

(Lebanon County)

My understanding is the investigation was dropped after it was found the accounting came out to the penny, I would imagine the Lebanon newspaper could help with facts to support on not support the alleged "wrong doing".

(Delaware County)

I renewed my delco LTCF a few months ago and got a laminated one. Shortly after receiving the renewal I got a letter from the Sheriff saying that I should have been given the option to pay less for a paper version.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Allegheny County)

I don't believe there is any official procedure or policy regarding the lamination or lack thereof of the PA LTCF. A few years back when getting another permit, I had requested a laminated one in Westmoreland County. I was charged $5 extra for it. I didn't even consider the possibility of any wrongdoing. I'm sure I saved that much $ in gas for not needing to drive to the courthouse to get a replacement due to putting my wallet through the washer, etc. Though, once I was able to get a replacement by just calling the secretary of Sheriff Chis Scherer. She mailed it to an address which was different than both my DL address and LTCF address. I thought that was some fine customer service, though possibly poor security.