Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Best way to carry as non resident in Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Are there specific restrictions on oc in Delaware like where and how? If so I would post them when pointing out oc is legal there. Also how does LE react in general to oc. This way we do not set up a normally law abiding citizen for failure.
    OC is legal including in a vehicle but it must be visable. Believe it or not but you're expected to place your forearms on the dash board to meet this requirement. Having in a holster on the hip is considered concealed.

Like I said I would go with Arizona. They even except a hunter safety card as proof of training. Quickest abd easiest.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Are there specific restrictions on oc in Delaware like where and how? If so I would post them when pointing out oc is legal there. Also how does LE react in general to oc. This way we do not set up a normally law abiding citizen for failure.
    OC is legal including in a vehicle but it must be visable. Believe it or not but you're expected to place your forearms on the dash board to meet this requirement. Having in a holster on the hip is considered concealed.

Like I said I would go with Arizona. They even except a hunter safety card as proof of training. Quickest and easiest.

(Bucks County)

Firearms on the dashboard? That means it's inevitably pointing at someone no matter how it's angled. In the summer the sun would be frying it. And I'm sure its an invitation to be pulled over and questioned on sight. Seems better to have a permit for sure.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post

Like I said I would go with Arizona. They even except a hunter safety card as proof of training. Quickest abd easiest.
    I did know about the being in plain sight part. I was interested if there are restriction like churches, schools, bars and the like. Just saying oc is legal leaves a person hanging out there. Kind of like saying oc is legal in Pennsylvania and not pointing out the exceptions.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

The only restrictions in Delaware are for schools, and school zones. You must have your CCW permit to carry there. Which makes it very difficult to navigate the state while avoiding school zones.

And the normal areas not open to any legal person carrying. Such as, Police stations, jails, courthouses, and federal buildings we also cannot carry in state parks or on state wildlife areas. Other than those places you are pretty good. You can carry into bars, just don’t drink or you’ll get in trouble.

Also, you can have the weapon on the passenger seat, most people secure it to the seatbelt so it doesn’t fly around. I am a resident with a CCW so I carry at 3 o’clock when seated, technically concealed.

I frequently open carry around the state and have had no issues with law enforcement, or anyone for that matter. They are pretty aware that Delaware is an open carry state, although I’ve heard Wilmington PD is slow on the understanding. Most people don’t even notice when a person is carrying a firearm.

No gun signs have no force of law, you just have to leave if asked, or you are trespassing.
    Last edited by TrapperRob; April 2nd, 2018 at 11:01 PM.

(Adams County)

AZ cheapest Easiest Route $60, they accept a Hunters Safety course or any NRA class.
    Hell is other people

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12