Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default China banks told to stop lending to the US Banks

http://www.reuters.com/article/compa...16693720080925

BEIJING, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Chinese regulators have told domestic banks to stop interbank lending to U.S. financial institutions to prevent possible losses during the financial crisis, the South China Morning Post reported on Thursday.

The Hong Kong newspaper cited unidentified industry sources as saying the instruction from the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) applied to interbank lending of all currencies to U.S. banks but not to banks from other countries.

"The decree appears to be Beijing's first attempt to erect defences against the deepening U.S. financial meltdown after the mainland's major lenders reported billions of U.S. dollars in exposure to the credit crisis," the SCMP said.

A spokesman for the CBRC had no immediate comment. (Reporting by Alan Wheatley and Langi Chiang; editing by Ken Wills)
    Am I taking this out of context??

Isn't this pretty bad news? When China's banks stop doing business with their #1 customer??
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: China banks told to stop lending to the US Banks

That's bad...real bad!

(Chester County)

incoming doom

(Delaware County)

Oh well.

Does this mean we actually have to reign in spending? They should have done this to us 8 years ago.

The solution is very simple Be American Buy American.. Not made in China, Japan, Mexico or any other country...

What kills me is you have to look for US made products, even when it comes to dog toys or chews (leather bones) or US flags!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBlue View Post
    Oh well.

Does this mean we actually have to reign in spending? They should have done this to us 8 years ago.
    So only 8 years ago would have prevented this? I guess it is all at the feet of the current PotUS. Really? You don't think they should have done it maybe in the last two decades?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    The solution is very simple Be American Buy American.. Not made in China, Japan, Mexico or any other country...

What kills me is you have to look for US made products, even when it comes to dog toys or chews (leather bones) or US flags!
    Sadly thats harder than you think, even the NRA doesnt buy american. The hat they gave me a couple years ago, which bears an american flag on one side, has a label inside it on the other side that says "MADE IN BANGLADESH."
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Berks County)

If we had told them to go F-off in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess.

They gave us money when it was convenient for them, and now they'll stop because it's convenient for them. As always, the Chinese are playing us like a fiddle, and our well-connected "representatives" in government are too busy being on the take that they don't realize it.

Sun-Tzu taught them well.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Chester County)

Exactly! Went to buy a new powder yesterday and discovered Hogdgon is made in Australia

If we don't buy USA even if it cost a little more (assuming we can find USA products) then we will continue to spiral downward.

We were saved in WWII by the industrial base but now its gone and we have left ourselves vulnerable.

Maybe with less foreign banks' $$ the cycle of unfettered loan/borrowing will lessen and perhaps even the rates for savers will increase but we still will be in a deep pile of 'it'.

(Allegheny County)

It's sad, but its just about impossible to buy American. I worked in a speciaty toy store during the Chinese lead tainted toy scare. I searched that store and could only find about 3 items that were not made in China. Only one, Lego, was made in the US. I urged the owner to get more American stuff but he wouldn't because they cost twice as much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast