Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Your war on gun control, What are you doing?

RANT:
    I'm just going to say it...

It is upsetting to me that I continually have to try and convince some of the people I know who own guns to stand up and participate in the war against gun control. I get it that people are busy and have bills to pay and trust that we have the second amendment, but come on. If your not Joining Pro Gun organizations like the Gun Owners of America, the Second Amendment Foundation and similar at this point in the battle, you are worthless.

Pretty lame to join the gun community and let others carry the load while not fighting. Sorry but if you truly cant say Fuck Dicks and others who send friendly fire our way and mean it, You actually are the problem. I may not be the poster child for 2A war but I'm carrying quite a few of you who just sit by and watch. If you are a member here or other gun related forums and haven't put out a measly $20 membership and dont vote or contact the politicians then thanks a whole lot for nothing.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Washington County)

Default Re: Your war on gun control, What are you doing?

Practicing shooting skills and stocking ammo, but I also vote and keep up memberships at pro gun organizations.

I have lost faith in petitioning supposed representatives.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    RANT:

It is upsetting to me that I continually have to try and convince some of the people I know who own guns to stand up and participate in the war against gun control. I get it that people are busy and have bills to pay and trust that we have the second amendment, but come on. If your not Joining Pro Gun organizations like the Gun Owners of America, the Second Amendment Foundation and similar at this point in the battle, you are worthless.

Pretty lame to join the gun community and let others carry the load while not fighting. Sorry but if you truly cant say Fuck Dicks and others who send friendly fire our way and mean it, You actually are the problem. I may not be the poster child for 2A war but I'm carrying quite a few of you who just sit by and watch. If you are a member here or other gun related forums and haven't put out a measly $20 membership and dont vote or contact the politicians then thanks a whole lot for nothing.
    I get you loud and clear, but I'm not about to call most of my family "worthless"

Hell I worry that most of them will unfriend me on Facebook, because I have a tendency to mostly share 2A stuff. It's not that they are non-gun owners, but even I get burnt out/frustrated from time to time and to most people this just isn't on their radar. They got what they feel they need, throw it in a drawer, and then worry about making the car payment, or putting braces on the kids.
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; March 16th, 2018 at 12:23 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Practicing shooting skills and stocking ammo, but I also vote and keep up memberships at pro gun organizations.

I have lost faith in petitioning supposed representatives.
    I don't bother creating original correspondence to the likes of Casey, but I do bombard him with the GOA "click here" stuff. Toomey, meh I've sent him a self-composed letter or 2. Now my U.S. & State Reps have been solid (knock on wood) and I keep after them to try and keep them from getting soft.

I've composed my own stuff to Trump, as well.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

The most important thing i do is teach people about firearms and how to shoot safely. I will be at Anthony Arms tomorrow assisting in a class helping more people see and try what many of us enjoy.

I believe helping people in this way is a wonderful way to keep and bear arms - the more that believe in the 2nd amendment, the better. If they like shooting and decide a firearm(s) will be part of their lifestyle either for protection or range fun/competition/hunting - then thats a bonus!

I also attend rallies when i can and even wear pro gun clothing at appropriate times- this often sparks conversation with strangers which again spreads a positive vibe often times.
    I belong to organizations also.

Not all people can get this involved and should not be condemned.

RANT:

I think you just describe the membership of most groups and clubs and organizations. A few do the work and are involved, while the rest do very little except maybe bitch and complain about how things are done.

Let's see...

I'm on a first name basis with my state rep and his secretary.
    Hand the JR rifle team ammo when they need it.
    Take the Women's network at my wife's work shooting.
    Help a friend with the hunter's safety course even though I have issues with the PGC.
    Donate when I can to numerous organizations.
    I never back down to anyone who thinks they can tell me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I think you just describe the membership of most groups and clubs and organizations. A few do the work and are involved, while the rest do very little except maybe bitch and complain about how things are done.
    And to answer the question. Letter to Reps, keeping up on what's going on, trying to keep others pro 2nd friends in my life informed, got a goa membership last week, and became an endowment member of the NRA last week.

(Crawford County)

RANT:

You’re right. It was a RANT:

(Tioga County)

I can't criticize anyone unless they are doing nothing. At least if they vote and contact their reps, they are contributing.

IMO one of the best things we can do at a micro level is be a good representative and advocate for the gun community. If we can convert others, take them shooting, teach them safety, be an advocate for personal responsibility for one's safety rather than big government we can make an impact. If thousands of us can convert one, two, three or more people a year it makes a difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast