Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Hearings granted on gun safety measures---note from my Rep---

Hearings granted on gun safety measures

After the shooting in Parkland, Fla., the PA SAFE Caucus, of which I am a member, sent a letter to Speaker of the House Mike Turzai and House Majority Leader Dave Reed requesting hearings for gun safety bills introduced in the 2017-18 session, none of which has been brought to a vote. The PA SAFE Caucus also created a “Call to Action” that allowed concerned citizens to voice their support and demand change.

I am pleased to report that House Judiciary Committee Chairman Ron Marsico, R-Dauphin, has announced that the House Judiciary Committee will conduct multi-day hearings “to discuss the serious problems of violence with firearms and public safety.” I look forward to the hearings and working with other legislators to protect our schools and communities.

http://www.pahouse.com/PASafe?utm_so...tion%3b+opt-in
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Hearings granted on gun safety measures---note from my Rep---

If they're discussing school violence and security issues, mental health treatment options, better law enforcement procedures for threats of school violence - great!

If they're discussing how to ban certain types of guns, infringe on people's rights, and come up with feel-good emotional responses to appease a loud minority - not so great...

My confidence isn't very high of the former.

(Montgomery County)

looks like a rally to that event is in order.

(Lycoming County)

Given who called the conference it's must like just proposing reactionary, feel good ideas.

(Crawford County)

If you read the link and the “common sense” gun measures they propose.......For instance a permit to purchase ammunition that would run you through PICS? Of course, they can’t make you do that every time you buy or it would run the cost of ammo through the roof and over burden the system. So they propose a four year permit which can be revoked if you screw up and get prohibited. Last time I checked, I couldn’t kill anybody by throwing a bullet at them. Maybe lump them up a little with a full box of .357. That one there seems to be overkill.....pun intended.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Hearings granted on gun safety measures

After the shooting in Parkland, Fla., the PA SAFE Caucus, of which I am a member, sent a letter to Speaker of the House Mike Turzai and House Majority Leader Dave Reed requesting hearings for gun safety bills introduced in the 2017-18 session, none of which has been brought to a vote. The PA SAFE Caucus also created a “Call to Action” that allowed concerned citizens to voice their support and demand change.

I am pleased to report that House Judiciary Committee Chairman Ron Marsico, R-Dauphin, has announced that the House Judiciary Committee will conduct multi-day hearings “to discuss the serious problems of violence with firearms and public safety.” I look forward to the hearings and working with other legislators to protect our schools and communities.

http://www.pahouse.com/PASafe?utm_so...tion%3b+opt-in
    Swell.... more California nonsense.

Similar to a protection from abuse order, my legislation would give certain persons, including law enforcement officers, family or household members, the authority to petition the court for a firearm restraining order that would prevent the subject of the petition from having in his custody or control, purchasing, possessing or receiving a firearm. A restraining order would be issued for a fixed period of time, not to exceed one year. Additionally, my legislation would require the court to issue a firearm restraining order in conjunction with a protection from abuse order.
    We have such a system today, it's called a 302. The police come. They don't take your firearms, they take your ass. You cannot get your hands on any lethal stuff while you're in the Hospital. You will probably get medicated. Since this kind of thing already exists I don't see this "proposal" as more of the same. I suspect that this is one of those "Take the guns, then go to Court" nonsense laws. Similar to what Trump babbled about a few weeks ago.

After all, it's only a Right if "they" think that it's a right.

Oddly enough the "gun safety" measure doesn't take your car keys, your access to knives, gasoline, propane, matches/lighters, poisons and other means of harming others. So this really isn't about public safety, it's about disarming people based upon rumors and innuendo.

Conditioning the Masses to view gun ownership as a privilege, perhaps even a liability or a "pain in the ass". To reduce the number of firearms in private hands.

The Corporate Mantra, "Less guns, less violence" rings through.
    Last edited by GeneCC; March 18th, 2018 at 10:25 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    If you read the link and the “common sense” gun measures they propose.......For instance a permit to purchase ammunition that would run you through PICS? Of course, they can’t make you do that every time you buy or it would run the cost of ammo through the roof and over burden the system. So they propose a four year permit which can be revoked if you screw up and get prohibited. Last time I checked, I couldn’t kill anybody by throwing a bullet at them. Maybe lump them up a little with a full box of .357. That one there seems to be overkill.....pun intended.
    The California legislature passed such a law. I think our Progressives want to "keep up with the Joneses" in Sacramento. One cannot be too rough with the gun nuts, yes?

Moreover, my bill would allow individuals to apply for a PSP ammunition purchase authorization which if approved, would last for four years, and allow an individual to purchase ammunition during that time period without the need to get a background check for every ammunition purchase.

(Montgomery County)

This shit has to end having kids children calling the shots and Republicans just jumping on the band wagon state to state like the cowards they are just giving into this knee jerk BS!

(Chester County)

You know when this shit will all end? When gun owners show the fuck up to vote instead of sitting home picking belly button lint.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    You know when this shit will all end? When gun owners show the fuck up to vote instead of sitting home picking belly button lint.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast