Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Anyone with Lehigh county courthouse experience?

I'll probably be visiting the Lehigh County courthouse this week or next week. I know what the law says on them, but has anyone else carried to and checked a firearm (CC or OC) at the Lehigh county courthouse recently? Are they aware of the law? Do they have lockers in place?
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Default Re: Anyone with Lehigh county courthouse experience?

My experience is about two months old now, and I posted about it here, but essentially, I carried to the courthouse. I was screamed at by one of the deputies and screamed at by the sheriff for bringing the gun to the courthouse. I was told first that it was illegal, and then told I should have just left it home. All this took place during the screaming. And, I am not being dramatic here. I am talking loud voices, bulging eyes and veins, the whole works.

Then the sheriff calmed down a bit and took me into his office telling me he would take care of it, and had one of the other deputies lock my gun up in a lock box. During the rest of my visit, I encountered a couple of other deputies who knew I had done nothing wrong, and who implied that some of them had been trying to get the sheriff to understand that it was completely legal to enter the building with a gun, as long as it was not taken into the secure areas.

By the time I came back to the sheriff's office, he was like a different person. He was friendly, accommodating, and interrupted other business he was conducting to speed me along. I was in there getting paperwork done for a suppressor. The screaming part wasn't so much fun, but I got what I needed, and I was not arrested or harassed beyond the initial poor reaction. It appears that everyone knows that I was fine with what I was doing, but some of them just don't care for it.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Anyone with Lehigh county courthouse experience?

I had no screaming or any threats. I was told I should I should have left it at home but they did check it for me.

I did not deal with the sheriff though. A female supervisor handled securing it.