Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Bucks sheriff wants more personnel for gun permit background checks

Ugh!

I'd like some clarification too. Unfortunately, you only get leftist BS of the pink pussy hat variety from the Bucks Courier Times.

I'm sure their coverage of the school walkouts was very unbiased.

I don't know for sure. I don't subscribe because I don't have a parakeet for a pet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Perhaps his best argument for why he needs to conduct a more detailed investigation, would be if there was evidence that previous Bucks county LTCF holders were a significant cause of violent gun crime.

I don't recall hearing that this was a problem, but it would be a fair implication when the sheriff states that there's a problem that he needs new tax dollars to fix.
    Exactly ....this is just a left wing agenda push with zero justification. ZERO.

God forbid they did something to solve a problem like the revolving door justice system that creates 90% of violent crime by repeat offenders. Nope no problem with that

Leftists have one goal, create an Authoritarian environment
    Last edited by PocketProtector; March 15th, 2018 at 07:12 AM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    There isn't but they press them onto a separate card.Is this not done in the other counties?
    LOL

Just far enough from Philly, Pennsylvania

As a recent transplant from NY this kind of thing sounds all too familiar to me. Up there getting your concealed carry license is a terribly complicated 4-12month process if you don't have friends in high places. In some counties sheriffs deputies can and will stop by your residence unannounced at any point during the period you're waiting for approval/denial, you know just to make sure you're up to their standards.
    Last edited by Highnoone; March 15th, 2018 at 08:52 AM.

(Bucks County)

When I renewed my LTCF a couple of years ago, I asked about why I didn't get a reminder letter. The lady at the front desk said they were way too busy and there were too many residents with licenses. Sending out reminder letters would be a full-time job, so they don't do it.

And this Dem Sheriff thinks adding a couple of people to his staff for interviews is going to make a difference? Just more of a waste of tax-payer dollars.

Looks like the days of instant LTCF turn-around is over.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    When I renewed my LTCF a couple of years ago, I asked about why I didn't get a reminder letter. The lady at the front desk said they were way too busy and there were too many residents with licenses. Sending out reminder letters would be a full-time job, so they don't do it.
    The 2013 metrics gives 10,559 licenses expiring in 2018, which averages out to just under 30 per day. Nice full-time job.

A simple database program could even automatically print out renewal letters based on expiration data minus 60 days. They do know who was issued licenses, don't they?
    Last edited by Statkowski; March 15th, 2018 at 10:22 AM.

(Bucks County)

Here's the official site---I don't see anything about fingerprints and stuff like that:

http://www.buckscounty.org/governmen.../WeaponsPermit
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Indiana County)

From their website:

• If you have moved you must present your PA yellow update card
    • If your PA ID, Driver’s license or PA Update Card was issued in the last 6 months, you must have 2 utility bills.
    I assume the PA yellow update card has to do with one's driver's license when one moves?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    And this Dem Sheriff thinks adding a couple of people to his staff for interviews is going to make a difference? Just more of a waste of tax-payer dollars.
    Typical liberal.
    The reality is more likely he wants more staff for himself, and is using the current faux crisis to justify it.

Time to get on this guys ass and let him know where his paycheck comes from.

(Bucks County)

Here's a thread about LTCF processing from earlier this year: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=329468&page=3

The new sheriff made these two posts, #26 and #28.

Hello all, Sheriff Warrell here
    So I clearly have first hand knowledge of this process and what we are doing so feel free to ask anything you would like.
    So when I took over I found we have many many problems and issues with the process of issuing CC permits. My staff and I are actively working to change that and make it easier more efficient and smoother for everyone. When I took over on 1/2/2018 the staff at the sat offices were not my direct employees. We made the change ASAP to our people but staff is limited which is why Levittown is only one day a week for now. That will change as soon as we’re able and we will increase service and production at Levittown. I welcome any input or qestions and yes I am a 2A guy!
    -Sheriff Warrell

Hello and thanks for the question. So I’m past we could not do same day at sat offices because the staffers were it our people and therefore did not have back ground check access for applicants. I’m the future once we get the kinks worked out and increase our staff the plan is to do same day issue at the sat offices. The delay in the current process is when you apply your docs have to be physically brought to Doylestown and processed for background checks, you of course can understand the logistics in that. The goal is to streamline this
    -Sheriff Warrell

This does not square with the quotes from the sheriff in the Courier Times article. Unless my reading comprehension has slipped, in January the sheriff committed to "streamlining: the process. Now he wants 45 days to investigate and latitude to invoke the "character" clause.

What happened?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast