Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Bucks sheriff wants more personnel for gun permit background checks

This does clear up some of the confusion.

Thank you for finding this. I did look but maybe not hard enough.

Confused though about investigation after the license is issued.

Why issue in the first place if there is an investigation going to take place after?

Not sure I understand that comment.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    HERE is a dump of the recent FB posts:

BTW You can see his page without having to sign in as I did to get this.
    Thank You! Rep coming.

Maybe its my browser but i still cant see it. I see the link to the article and a link for comments. But when I click it nothing happens.

Edit: have to spread some rep around some more before you get more but it will be coming.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post

Why issue in the first place if there is an investigation going to take place after?

No long wait and review process. For 99.999% of the applicants you show up and instantly get your LTCF as before. For the few people that are rejected (and maybe that should be?) it will be revoked after the investigation. This isn't anything new. Your LTCF can be revoked at any time if you do something wrong.

And now that the fingerprint thing had been resolved. Maybe this guy isn't so bad.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    No long wait and review process. For 99.999% of the applicants you show up and instantly get your LTCF as before. For the few people that are rejected (and maybe that should be?) it will be revoked after the investigation. This isn't anything new. Your LTCF can be revoked at any time if you do something wrong.

And now that the fingerprint thing had been resolved. Maybe this guy isn't so bad.
    Time will tell. We know how the media can screw things up we also know duplicity.

I myself am originally from NJ. Moved to Philly and then out of Philly to Bucks. I don't want to move again until retirement. I enjoy things here. While change doesn's bother me, more restrictions to freedom does. After moving from NJ to PA there really is a battered gun owner syndrome. AND then when Philly started their crap I couldn't wait to move out.

I happen to like Bucks and didn't want to see higher taxes, and problems regarding Philly's perspective on firearms leaking into Bucks.

(Bucks County)

I posted and got a response (quickly too).

Dan Jeuch Milt Warrell Bucks County Sheriff, first of all, thank you for taking the big step (and associated risks!) with posting responses and thank you for your service. As a long-standing LTCF holder across multiple states, I appreciate the capability to be able to go to Doylestown (even though Levittown is closer to me) and be able to walk in, check my weapon, head downstairs to hand in my pre-filled application, and walk out with a renewed permit within about 15 minutes. As anyone should agree, I wouldn't want a prohibited person being able to do so, and do not envy you your task figuring out which to deny... but as best as you can, if you can keep the process quick and efficient for myself and other law-abiding citizens, it is appreciated. Too many other counties have taken more than their fair share of liberties in restricting those rights.

Milt Warrell Bucks County Sheriff Dan, thank you for the response. I try to reach out as much as I can and when I can. The short reply to your's, nothing will change for those coming in to get their LTC. The additional staff will be to speed up the process and conduct the back ground checks the way they should be done.
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Bucks County)

I will be going in to renew either this friday or next....i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post

UT does the exact same thing. When you get the license in the mail there is also a letter stating that the FBI check has not yet been done and if they find anything wrong you will be responsible to return the license.
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; March 16th, 2018 at 03:51 PM.

(Bucks County)

Since permit holders have a crime rate of .0006%, I understand why they want to strengthen the “system “
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Since permit holders have a crime rate of .0006%, I understand why they want to strengthen the “system “
    This was my question.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Can you post it? I don't have facebook and can not see any replies. Just a link to the original courier times article
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...75#post3748275

Click on the link, but here's his response:

Dan: first of all, thank you for taking the big step (and associated risks!) with posting responses and thank you for your service. As a long-standing LTCF holder across multiple states, I appreciate the capability to be able to go to Doylestown (even though Levittown is closer to me) and be able to walk in, check my weapon, head downstairs to hand in my pre-filled application, and walk out with a renewed permit within about 15 minutes. As anyone should agree, I wouldn't want a prohibited person being able to do so, and do not envy you your task figuring out which to deny... but as best as you can, if you can keep the process quick and efficient for myself and other law-abiding citizens, it is appreciated. Too many other counties have taken more than their fair share of liberties in restricting those rights.

Sheriff:
    Dan, thank you for the response. I try to reach out as much as I can and when I can. The short reply to your's, nothing will change for those coming in to get their LTC. The additional staff will be to speed up the process and conduct the back ground checks the way they should be done.

James:I think that’s a great idea. Gun permits need to kept out of the wrong hands.

Sheriff:thanks for your reply and concern. So you address some concerns and I would like to help clear them up for you. Yes it is our job to solve certain issues that exist in reality, like people being able to carry concealed that should not. Your comment that Criminals don't get carry permits, that's not exactly accurate. We have issued many carry permits and then had to Revoke them from people that have committed a crime. We are not and will not make the process longer. The goal here is to perform that actual back ground check that we are required to do but have not due to lack of personal. Trust me as a retired Police Officer and now Sheriff I am a supporter of 2A. This isn't meant to control or restrict guns in any way. My office has nothing to do with people purchasing firearms! I would be happy to talk in further detail anytime you wish and again thanks for speaking your mind.....Sheriff Warrell
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

Does the references you put on those applications require them to be currently alive?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast